Thank You

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 19. Dec 2016, 16:30 in Community Chit-chat archive
Don't know how else to put it, but I owe all of you a huge, huge thanks. Your support this year has helped me to get through some truly horrendous times. I feel extremely fortunate in a way to have osteo arthritis as without the OA, I wouldn't be on this site and I wouldn't know all of you lovely people.

You were there for me when I was facing my gallbladder op in January and during my recovery.
February you were there again for me when my world crashed around me when I lost my John. I've struggled to cope with John's death ever since and you lovely, wonderful people are still there.
I asked for your support again end of October when my Mum passed away. Again, you were all there. Giving your support unselfishly and so generously.
Since September 2015 you've all been "cheering me on" with my weight loss journey - and again you are still doing this.
And I already know that when I have my knee replacement next year you'll be online encouraging me with preparation for the operation; giving me support afterwards so that I can face the mammoth task I'll have afterwards with my recovery.

I apologise for not joining in any of the Christmas theme threads this year but, as you can imagine, Christmas for me this year isn't happening. To be honest I just want to get through the day.

Thank you - each and every one of you.

Grace
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Grace, I couldn't put it any better than Sharon has done.

You are an amazing person. As a dear old friend of mine says, the heaviest burdens are laid on the strongest shoulders. You have proved yourself more than equal to the task(s).

We shall all be rooting for you in 2017. And proud to have the honour.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Grace, we care about you, end of. We are all rowing our arthritic boats as best we can so understand how arthritis can deplete our emotional and physical resources when we need them most. The demands on you this year have been beyond reasonable, yes? Rest assured my lovely, we have been there, are here and will be here whenever you need us because you have been there for us - and will be again. You are a good friend and I am very lucky to 'know' you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • GraceB
    Thank you. Yet again you stun me with your kindness.

Grace
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Grace

This is a truly special place. I have been unable to than the people on here yet for their unstinting support when my Lucy was diagnosed with leukaemia in 2014.

I felt I didn't deserve it either as I wasn't able to 'give' as much as I wanted to. I imagine you feel the same now too. People reassured me that it wasn't necessary, that it was my turn to receive support. This year it has been your turn and by the heck have you needed it.

Despite all you have been through, (it has felt as though one terrible thing happened after another for you), you have supported others Grace, you have I have seen it.

Every single time something happened you dragged yourself back up and carried on. Amazing!

As for the festive season this year. Just get through it. That is all you can expect from yourself.

I will be thinking of you and hoping it's better than you fear.

Love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Grace no need for thanks , but its make me happy knowing that in our little way we could help you through everything..each day at a time has they say...sending many hugs and live..((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Oh Grace after such a mixed year you are still on here and still encouraging others so you have done so well in many ways. I agree with all the others who have posted and you are right this such a friendly and fantastic place to be. if eve someones down and we have all struggled at times com on here a someone will always lift you up again, it is a truly special group. so no worries we are all here for you whatever happens.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • GraceB
    Thank you. Little words and, at times, so ineffective in trying to convey the depth of one's gratitude to friends.

GraceB