Elbows...again

Options
ouchpotato
ouchpotato Member Posts: 453
edited 2. Jan 2017, 15:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Following on from my thread about tennis elbow, and still not convinced that's what it is - going by the OA I have elsewhere I think this is what is affecting my arms too.
I wake several times in the night in utter agony. Not only pain but I literally can't move them. I have to slowly straighten them, which I hate doing as it feels as if I am forcing something which doesn't want to be forced. They are SO stiff, it's unreal.
I'm hoping to get an appt at the GP soon, but in the meantime, anyone with elbow arthritis in here and recognises this?
During the day if I put any strain on my arms at all the muscles go into spasm, rock hard and painful, even putting on my bra causes ridiculous pain.
Of course I am not asking anyone to dx me, just whether anyone can relate to the night time pain and immobility.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry, can't help, ouch.

I can certainly sleep awkwardly on any joint and that can render them very tricky for some time but yours does sound to my uneducated viewpoint that it might be nerve pain. I hope the doc can help soon. All I can say that might help is that, when I had nerve pain down one leg, exercises sorted it out fairly quickly.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    The pain in my arms can wake me up but some days I don't feel any pain at all. I find the elbow joint is often tender and swollen and I have to unwind them slowly first thing in the morning as the pain is awful. I struggle with using crutches and sometimes with a gripping motion.

I never get spasms just pain.

Elizabeth xx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein