Arthritis Holiday Group?

Options
JellyBean67187
JellyBean67187 Member Posts: 6
edited 10. Jan 2017, 14:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, My name's Jess and I'm 22 with JIA and a variety of other conditions. Because of how I am I don't get out and about much, this limits my ability to meet new people and make friends, so my social circle is pretty small. Not only that, but what few friends I do have, they have their own lives. Work, families etc. Which is great, but I'd like to travel, go on holidays.

This got me thinking about maybe putting together a group of people who get the Arthritis thing, the not being able to party till the early hours of the morning every night, the slow and steady approach, but still having a good time, doing some crazy stuff but being able to recharge for the next few days.

What do you think?

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi JellyBean
    Sharon is right, you will probably get more answers from the other forum.
    I go for {usually} 2 holidays a year with our Arthritis Care Local group. I'm much older than you and have a husband but I find their holidays {usually 4 days} are good.
    Check if you have an Arthritis Group in your area.
    Oh sorry, welcome to the forums

Hileena
  • sensiblesal
    sensiblesal Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, My name's Jess and I'm 22 with JIA and a variety of other conditions. Because of how I am I don't get out and about much, this limits my ability to meet new people and make friends, so my social circle is pretty small. Not only that, but what few friends I do have, they have their own lives. Work, families etc. Which is great, but I'd like to travel, go on holidays.

This got me thinking about maybe putting together a group of people who get the Arthritis thing, the not being able to party till the early hours of the morning every night, the slow and steady approach, but still having a good time, doing some crazy stuff but being able to recharge for the next few days.

What do you think?

Hi Jess
    I am Sally from the Young People and Families Service. I would really like to talk to you more about this. By co-incidence in the last month i have come to know details of 3 other young women aged 19-22 who are interested in making contact with other young people living with arthritis. We do not currently have a service specifically for you, other than this forum and the helpline but i am getting back to each of you to see if there is something we can do to help you make contact with each other. l look forward to speaking with you best wishes
    Sally. sallyv@arthritiscare.org.uk
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Hi Jess, I'm a bit older than you (28) but was diagnosed with RA 7 years ago. I really like your idea and would like to help out if I could. I'm still totally up for having fun but within limits. I enjoy a night out in London with friends but standing at a bar for hours and hobbling home to station at 1 am is just too much. Feel free to drop me a PM. :)