TKR update and Pocket Duties Please

Options
GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 11. Jan 2017, 06:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,

Firstly, anyone fancy coming with me to "joint school" next Wednesday? 11th Jan in the morning. Note to self: Must sit up straight, pay attention and take appropriate notes!

I've been waiting and waiting for a date for my left knee to be totally replaced as I was referred 3rd Sept last year. When I spoke to the waiting list section at the hospital earlier this week, they said I could have to wait until March unless a cancellation came up before in February. The 18 week NHS "referral to treatment" rule doesn't apply for my consultant as he has such a huge waiting list. :!:

Just had a phone call from the waiting list people. Would I be prepared to go to a brand new private hospital on the same site as my local NHS hospital to have my surgery? They are trying to deal with some patients who've been waiting a long time. Naturally, I've agreed to this. :) The op should be end of January/beginning of February. I'll now be sent the usual pre-op questionnaire re medication, etc., and then I'll get a date for the surgery itself. I've also agreed to go on the cancellation list so I could get as little as a week's notice, which could be challenging with getting everything ready ... Now I just need to get rid of the office cold bug which some kind soul has generously shared with me.

I'll keep you up to date. Thanks.

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Grace
    I will come to `school` with you, is there a school bus? :lol:
    So pleased that you are being seen earlier than March, hope you get your date soon x
    NB
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Of course I'll be there, Grace. My fingers are crossed for you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    Options
    Thanks ladies. Company for next Wednesday!

Yes, NB, we'll have a big yellow American-style school bus. I want the back seat though so I can wave at the car drivers behind (going back to my days of when we took the Brownies out - all the girls wanted the back seat so they could wave, and were delighted when drivers waved back!).

Now, I don't want anyone making a holy show of themselves as my sister Moira would say. There's to be no flinging little balls of rolled-up paper about, no passing naughty notes amongst you or sniggering at the knobbly knees of the tutors. (Boy, am I giving away some of my childhood secrets now :roll: ).

GraceB
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Now, I don't want anyone making a holy show of themselves as my sister Moira would say. There's to be no flinging little balls of rolled-up paper about, no passing naughty notes amongst you or sniggering at the knobbly knees of the tutors. (Boy, am I giving away some of my childhood secrets now ).
    Aw shucks that ain't no fun. You'll be telling us next we're there to learn.....
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Count me in too. I am still laid low by the nasty cold that began on Friday 23rd December but I will be thinking of you, that's a promise. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Grace
    Of course I'll be there......As for being on my best behaviour???? Not so sure about that :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • GraceB
    Options
    Thank you. I can see I'll be in the corner with all you naughty lot as you are lobbing stuff everywhere. Oh well, at least it'll keep everyone amused!

GraceB
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Grace I wont come to the joint school I have been to 2...but so glad you have got a cancellation and in the private wing..good for you..I will be on pockets duties and hope all goes well and you have a speedy recovery..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Good news about the TKR in a private wing. Hopefully, you'll get a nice private room but nice and close to the main hospital still.

Glad I read this tonight, just in time to sneak in for tomorrow. Hope it goes well!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Thinking of you, Grace. I hope all your entourage is behaving and not distracting you :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright