Phsyio update - Hydrotherapy

TheLordFlasheart
TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
edited 18. Jan 2017, 04:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
Thought I'd post an update on my ongoing hydrotherapy at my local hospital (been buys last few weeks to post)

So far I've had 2 sessions out of 4 (was meant to be 6 weeks, but its cut to 4 weeks as they rarely get full classes) and so far its really helping. I feel a difference in how I walk (feels more steady) and overall its been a help and im feeling more positive.

I'll post an update once I've finished the last 2 sessions.
"Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"

Comments

• GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Good News!

I've always found hydrotherapy helps. The warm water helps joints and muscles to relax. Mind you, it can also be very dehydrating. Hope the sessions to come are as useful as the two before.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • Rach101
    Rach101 Member Posts: 165
    Thanks for sharing, I've got my first session next week and a bit worried what to expect! Do they just lead you in doing exercises in the water or do they assess you first?
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    Rach101 wrote:
    Thanks for sharing, I've got my first session next week and a bit worried what to expect! Do they just lead you in doing exercises in the water or do they assess you first?

I too was a bit apprehensive at first, as I did not know what to expect, but its really helping me so far.

I did have an assessment at first, but this was last year, and it was just asked about my OA and my range of movement was tested and was referred onto to the hydrotherapy.

I started straight on the exercises, and am doing the same ones each week, but for longer at every session.

Don't worry, you'll be just fine.
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • Rach101
    Rach101 Member Posts: 165
    Oh that's good thanks. I have seen a Physio who referred me for hydrotherapy so hopefully she will have told them what I need. Am really hoping to get better movement in my shoulders and hips!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I think everyone loves hydro. Hope you both reap the benefits.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright