Pocket Duties Please

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 23. Jan 2017, 15:30 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,

I have my pre-op appointment 23rd Jan (2-3pm). Then I see the consultant at 6.10pm on 27th Jan. My surgery is on 30th Jan. The consultant appointment on 27th is a bit late in the day as, of course, this is a private hospital the NHS are sending me to.

I knew this was coming and have waited a long time for it but getting all the dates today one after the other is a bit stunning! I've had to email my Line Manager at work today to warn her that I'll need a late (extended) lunch break on Monday and tell her I have a surgery date. I'm on annual leave this week so had to email in to give as much warning as I could, but my employers knew this was coming up and I could only get a week's notice.

As this is a private hospital the only reason this will be cancelled or delayed is if there's a problem with my pre-op checks or if my consultant decides to make me wait (I naturally hope neither of these will happen!).

Apologies for being rather greedy with the pocket dweller requests, but those who went to joint school with me all got A*'s so I thought I'd simplify things and put all the dates on one post.

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    You can count on us Grace :)

Very best of luck from us all.

Ellen on behalf of the Moderating Team.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,709
    You could have picked a better week for me, Grace :wink: I've a lot on already that week but rest assured, I shall be there. Good luck with it all.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,402
    The 23rd is the day my Lucy has her shoulder replaced!!

So you can definitely count on me, Grace, because I shall need something to take my mind off of it all :wink:

Best of luck

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Count me in for all of them, I wish you very well with every appointment and the procedure. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • GraceB
    Many thanks for all the replies.

I've had my paperwork through. Oddly, they are asking me to take my actual meds to the pre-op appt tomorrow. :!: Never had to do that before - the repeat prescription list is usually what's needed. Living opposite the hospital I'll have to call in home to collect them before I go in for my appointment. Naturally, I'll take my meds in with me on admission day, which is routine for me now and perfectly understandable but to the pre-op? Never mind, they want to see the meds, so I'll take them.

GraceB
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hi Grace,

I'll be there on behalf of the mod team tomorrow - lots of energy in those fibre bars sound just the thing

Take care
    Yvonne x
  • Sars4185
    Sars4185 Member Posts: 34
    Good luck with your procedure xx will be thinking of you
    Sara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Sorry late adding but count on me for pocket duties Grace, hope all goes well. :D
  • GraceB
    Thanks for all the support everyone.

Usual checks were done. I didn't have time to get the actual meds in the end so I just took my repeat prescription list in which the nurse was delighted to see. Usual samples were taken and as long as no infections show up in these the surgery will go ahead next Monday.

It'll be a 2 night stay :o and they're intending to chuck me out next Wednesday lunchtime all being well. They know I live on my own and have said ideally I need to have someone staying with me for a week after I get home, but have accepted that although a friend can stay for a couple of days, that's the best I can sort out. The NHS hospital here said that their stays were 3 days and lots of people living on their own go home on day 3. The hospital will make sure I'm okay to go home.

My neighbour will pick me up and my preparation plans are well under way. Naturally there'll be something that doesn't get done but it'll just have to stay not done! I'll not worry about it.

So - next appointment is 6.10pm Fri 27th when I see the consultant. Now, I realise this may be dinner time for a lot of people, but if anyone is free for 10 minutes or so, please spare me a thought.

I'm off to read the half a forest of paperwork, brochures and literature the hospital gave me today. :lol:

GraceB