Hello & neck fusion

Options
Periwinkle
Periwinkle Member Posts: 7
edited 31. Jan 2017, 05:27 in Say Hello Archive
Hi there,

I'm a new user saying hello and looking for someone who might be able to share their experience of neck fusion with me.

I've had arthritis for over 30 years- it started when I was a teenager and i've had multiple joint replacements. I'm happy to talk to anyone about my experiences with knee, hip, elbow, shoulder or knuckle replacements. Despite this i have held down a full-time job and had a family. I've been lucky - and unlucky - if you know what I mean.

I am now being advised that i need a posterior cervical fusion - possibly as much as C2 to C6. I am very concerned about what this will mean afterwards in terms of neck function and would very much appreciate hearing from someone who has had this in the last few years. Please drop me a line if you can help.

Many thanks,

Periwinkle

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Periwinkle,
    welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll find everybody here very supportive. I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your neck, and I'm sure you will find people on here who have had similar surgery and will be able to share their experiences with you.
    Best wishes
    Sharon
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Hi periwinkle and welcome. That sounds like a big surgery and, although I have neck problems of my own, I don't envy you.

We've had people on here who have had neck surgery. If you start a thread on the Living with Arthritis forum they might be more likely to see it. And / or you could put the term in the Arthritis Care search engine and see what previous threads come up. \i wish you every success on all fronts.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Periwinkle
    Periwinkle Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi periwinkle and welcome. That sounds like a big surgery and, although I have neck problems of my own, I don't envy you.

We've had people on here who have had neck surgery. If you start a thread on the Living with Arthritis forum they might be more likely to see it. And / or you could put the term in the Arthritis Care search engine and see what previous threads come up. \i wish you every success on all fronts.

Hi stickywicket, thanks for your post I have put up post on Living With Arthritis forum and will see what happens. In terms of search engine - do you mean on main home page? - nothing about neck fusion comes up.

Thanks,

Periwinkle