Trumpwatch

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 31. Jan 2017, 14:51 in Community Chit-chat archive
I see that former US Secretary of State Madeleine Albright, a Jew, has declared she will register as Muslim if Donald Trump creates a database of Muslim Americans. She also points out that "If we're registering people who you think are a threat, register white males too, since most serial killers & mass shooters are white males."

Whatever happened to those famous, beautiful words from Emma Lazarus' poem New Colossus, displayed on the Statue of Liberty:

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

I doubt that will be inscribed on the Mexican wall.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I do think that Trump will think twice about the wall..at !20 billion dollars..has for the database...I think he might just need lesson in being a president ...it reminds me of a little boy playing war games..let hope he get some good advice.. I certainly didn't trust Hillary..
    Love
    Barbara
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    I agree Barbara. He does seem to think he's playing a game. I've read he's been taken to court and lost over trying to stop people entering the US even though they had the correct paperwork. Wonder if he'll be taken to court for other things.
    Christine
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Don't get me started on that orange faced pathetic excuse for a human!! (that's my clean version!!) Every time I see his face on the telly I start screaming at the telly. My OH has to quickly turn over the channel now. I just can't believe he is President of the United States. Even though it's not our country he is running, his so called leadership and laws his passing are going to effect other countries not just the U.S.A because of previous business agreements.

Please for goodness sake don't let him come over to the U.K!!! We don't need his racist, homophobic, feminist, anti- disability and other anti idealisms spreading through our country and I feel sorry for the Royal Family who he's already been slagging off!! Please revoke the invitation Theresa May made to him!!

(breathe!! )
    I just hope the marches that took place all over the world get through to his tiny brain and make him realise he has to stop all the racist laws he wants to pass i.e the Mexican Wall and the Muslim list but I doubt he will because he is a massive D**K!!

I'll get off my soap box now before I fall off!!! :lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    He is the dark side of the American dream. Thanks to inherited wealth he has been able to buy his way into one of the most powerful jobs in the world, he has said all the right things to attract the support of the people who have little understanding of the world around them (and no sense of the greater world) but surely he will begin to find life not as he planned. He is used to being autonomous - those days have to be gone. His own party dislikes him - it's true, money can buy you lots of things but it can't buy you love and certainly not respect. He is a crook, a shyster, surrounded by plastic vanity that nearly matches his own: a banner displayed on the women's march stated 'Melania, blink twice if you need help'. Mind you, politics can be a dirtier game than he might be used to . . . . DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    The irony is that he is implementing election promises....
    I doubt the American electorate is so very different from us in taking such promises with a pinch of salt - more an indication of where interests and intentions lie than a blueprint for action - so to find that it is coming to pass is a bit radical - for everyone.
    The bill for his visit to the UK is likely to be horrendous, but sadly I don't think we have much choice at this stage. Fortunately Monarchy UK is well practised and experienced at putting on a good show for unpleasant and undesirable people, and meeting the Queen is probably the only reason he would want to come in the first place. Sad to put such a burden on nonagenarians though, who have far better things to do.
    In terms of politics he is used to buying himself into and out of anything he wants - look at his golf 'empire' in Scotland - and thus using purchasing power as a weapon. What his reaction will be when he finds that won't work quite as well now I don't know - he is capable of getting very unpleasant and vindictive when thwarted, not what you want for someone in his position.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Have you heard about the things he wants done for this visit? it's total diva demands!! I hope the Queen and Theresa May tell him where to stick his diva demands!! I hope he 'throws his dummy out the pram in a paddy' and says he won't come. It's a shame we don't have a 'total dick' law that means he won't be allowed to come to the U.K!! :lol:
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    A petition against a state visit by Trump nears 1.7 million signatures.

1.000,000 is the trigger for a parliamentary debate.

The debate will be on 20 February.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38808504
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Whats the betting the queen will go down with a bad cold or even a headache before he arrives?

:sun: