Juliew
Juliew Member Posts: 58
edited 11. Feb 2017, 05:08 in Say Hello Archive
Hi I'm new on here. I'm Julie I have osteoarthritis on my hip and have had it for 6 years

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Juliew
    welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear you have osteoarthritis in your hip, it is very painful. Please ask as many questions as you like as our members are very knowledgeable and supportive. The best place to post is in the 'living with arthritis forum' as this is the most visited area. We do moderate the first 2 posts made by new members but after that your posts will be added immediately. It is lovely to have you join us.
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hi Julie and welcome from me too.

I've had two hip replacements so I know how painful they can be.

Please join us on the other forums. If you have questions just ask away. If not, join in anyway on any thread :D I hope to see you around.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Juliew
    The last weeks I've been in pain every day it's not severe but enough to get me down a bit, I can still work, I'm on my feet 8 hours a day at work. I'm taking naproxen and have been on and off for a year and a half, I've recently been to see a physiotherapist and have exercises to do at home but cos of the constant pain I haven't done them as much as I should. I am overweight but have joined weight watchers and have lost 2 stone so far. I try talking to my husband but he doesn't understand. I just don't know what to do to get myself out of this low mood I'm in
    Julie
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    Hello Julie,

I too have OA, but in my left knee and had for around 9 years (only diagnosed 3 years ago), so can't really offer advice on joint replacement as Im yet to have one (and hopefully not for a long time).

As Sticky said, join the other threads and ask away, were here to help.
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • Juliew
    I was coping OK with it at first, but daily pain is getting me down, I'm also suffering with tennis elbow which isn't helping. Does anyone know if there's any food groups that can cause more paint?
  • Berta
    Berta Member Posts: 1
    Hi my name is Berta, I am 63 and have had Osteoarthritis since a child. I have had a hip replacement and a shoulder replacement. I need more replacements but have been told I my bones are so bad there is not enough to build replacement on to. I have been told that there is nothing more that can be done and have been left to get on with it. Now I have found this forum I don't feel so alone. Thank you.
  • Juliew
    I read what others are going through and what I'm going through is nothing compared to what most of you are going through, makes me feel guilty for complaining

• Juliew
    moderator wrote:
    Hi Juliew
    welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear you have osteoarthritis in your hip, it is very painful. Please ask as many questions as you like as our members are very knowledgeable and supportive. The best place to post is in the 'living with arthritis forum' as this is the most visited area. We do moderate the first 2 posts made by new members but after that your posts will be added immediately. It is lovely to have you join us.
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
    Hi, I don't know if I'm being thick but not finding it easy to navigate on here, I've written 3 or 4 different things but not finding them, went through the living with arthritis forum but nothing is there. Can you shed some light please. Been told how great this forum is but if my posts ain't going on there's no point me being on here

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hi JulieW

No, you are not "being thick" :D
    The forum is set up such that posts from new members are held for approval by moderators for the first couple of posts as a precaution.

I have now checked your account and found one that had been missed earlier.

You should now also find that you can post freely across the forums.

Best wishes
    Brynmor