Excuse me while I rant........

Airwave!
Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
edited 19. Feb 2017, 16:55 in Community Chit-chat archive
I do not appreciate Tony Blair sticking his oar back into politics, his end game is questionable. There is nothing worse than a has been polititian attempting to retell an electorate how right he is. He lost all credibility many years ago.

Comments

• daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I think his version of 'not going back into politics' which he said some months ago, is not the same as ours....
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    He must be short of cash (or a brain) to come up with this so called bright idea.
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    I had to turn off the TV...I do not like the man at all..
    Love
    Barbara
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Flashy, you might gave hit the right note there, I wonder how much he was paid for that speech in London?
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,708
    I find the whole thing quite bizarre but then much of politics is right now.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    When I saw him in the paper (online), it made my blood boil. The write up about him was brilliant, likening him to the Cuprinol man, with arms outstretched as if preaching to a doting audience. Just take your millions Mr B and go away, we are not interested. :x :x
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,402
    I haven't bothered to listen to what he's got to say.

I think people who have had power or been famous have hanger's-on who allow them to believe they are something special and have something the rest of us don't.

To me he is an ex politician and his opinions have no value to me.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    The majority of the populace who voted voted to leave, end of. If the referendum was held again (and it shouldn't be because the majority, though narrow, was a majority) I doubt the result would change. Blair was of his time and that time was twenty years ago; I think we can all agree that the world has changed somewhat? :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    I'm not a fan of Tony Blair but I do think there is a case to be made for taking the final Brexit plan back to the wider electorate. Much has come out since the vote, the NHS funding "promise" which swayed a lot of voters has been denied/forgotten about, and issues such as reciprocal health care are starting to be raised, basically if we start charging EU nationals for use of the NHS then they will charge UK citizens for using their healthcare, the break up of the UK is on the cards again and more issues are coming to light everyday.

One thing I was unaware of until listening to Radio 4 last week is that it if we are no longer part of the EU agency for licensing/approving new drugs (it works with the drug manufacturers ), then as a smaller market we will go on the back burner when it comes to getting new drug treatments into the UK.

This isn't even something that is being discussed as part of Brexit.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich