Real Fake News

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
edited 21. Mar 2017, 12:47 in Community Chit-chat archive
Donald Trump (As he listed parts of Europe hit by terrorist attacks) - “Look at what's happening last night in Sweden.... They took in large numbers (of immigrants). They're having problems like they never thought possible,"

Carl Bildt (former Swedish prime minister) - “Terror attack? What has he been smoking?'

Simon Schama (British historian): "The real Swedish message: 200,000 refugees, no terrorist attacks."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39023978
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sticky, you have just made my day. I read the link from the BBC. Maybe DT should try watching the news on Aunty instead of Fox.

:running_dog: :running_dog: :running_dog: :running_dog: :running_dog: :running_dog: :running_dog: :running_dog: :running_dog: :running_dog: :running_dog: :running_dog: :running_dog: :running_dog:

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• stickywicket
    Options
    Apparently Fox is, inexplicably, the only news channel he trusts :?

Meanwhile the Swedish embassy in the U.S. responded “We look forward to informing the US administration about Swedish immigration and integration policies.” :lol:
    Steven Wright
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Fake is a touch retro really, remember all those fake objects from the 60's, fur, leather etc etc the real thing always won through.

The vice President sounds as though he could do a better job of being more statesman like. I still find it hard to believe that America has chosen a President who can't string a coherent sentence together in his native tongue without uttering inane words? I think many will ignore him until his speech becomes more rational.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I just worry about him accidentally nuking the wrong country :shock:
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Very scary..maybe some practice is needed..they always say you dont need brains to make money... :o
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Trump's first 100 lies as reported in the Huffington Post http://tinyurl.com/j7ndgw9
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Fake news has been around for many years - was it better known as propaganda? :wink:

One of my favourite 'American' quotes stems from an American tourist in Windsor Castle; he appreciated the beauty of the building but couldn't understand why it was built so close to an airport ...If he is still alive I would happily place a substantial sum on his voting for Trump.

America prides itself on being the land of the free and the home of the brave but that's not the same as the home of the intelligent or pragmatic, is it? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben