Diet and PA?

Options
scarlett
scarlett Member Posts: 28
edited 15. Mar 2017, 15:30 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi I'm just wondering if any of you fellow PA sufferers have had any success with a particular diet or cutting out certain foods?
I am having a pretty bad time at the moment and would do anything to try and help.

Many thanks in advance

Scarlett

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I can well understand your feelings and where you're coming from. In my time I've swallowed cod liver oil on an empty stomach, 'Green Lipped Mussel Gonads' tablets, cider vinegar and lots more not to mention the Dr Colin Dong diet in which one can only eat fresh veg, fish and wholegrains - no fruit, dairy, sugar or anything artificial. (I got worse.) The only things that ever helped my RA were the meds. If yours aren't controlling your PsA, scarlett, I suggest you ring your rheumatology helpline. You may need more meds or a tweak of what you have. Good luck and please keep us informed.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    The short answer is no - not much help! Foods that triggered my eczema and asthma included fruit apart from bananas, cows milk and egg whites. I controlled the eczema with diet (now the meds do that job for me) but diet has not altered the progress or effects of my PsA. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • scarlett
    scarlett Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Thank you both, I didn't think there was much else that I could try that I haven't wasted a fortune on already. Time to make that phone call and relieve some of this awful pain I think.

Scarlett
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    That sounds like a more realistic plan, we are prime targets for the snake oil merchants who guise themselves very well so as to exploit our fears and worries. I hope whoever you ring (GP? Consultant?) will be able to help, please let us know how you get on and I hope things improve soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben