Rituximab

Options
Mad1
Mad1 Member Posts: 2
edited 9. Mar 2017, 10:32 in Say Hello Archive
Hi All,

I am new to this group but I wondered if anyone could share there experiences with Rituximub.

I have had RA for 25 years and have been on Methotrexate for a few years, but now am book in for my first infusion of the biologic treatment in April.

At the moment I am feeling very nervous about it so wonder if anyone could give me more information.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Mad1
    and welcome to the forum. We do have some people who have been on Rituximab so I am sure they will share their experience with you. It is understandable that you are nervous about a new treatment, I think we all feel that way. We do have a factsheet about biologic drugs which you may find useful. https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/do-i-have-arthritis/publications/228-biologic-drugs

Also remember you can phone our helpline for some support about what to expect their number is 0808 800 4050 and they are open Monday to Friday.

Please feel free to post as many questions as you like, that is what we are here for. The best place to post is in the "living with arthritis" forum as most people look there first. Keep us up to date with how you are getting on
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Our disease is powerful so our meds have to be equally so and, yes, we all get a bit panicky at the thought of starting a new one.

I've never had rituximab. I take methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine. I think most reports on it are good. Here are some former threads on it http://arthritiscareforum.org.uk/search.php?keywords=rituximab&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

You'll get more replies if you post on the Living With Arthritis forum. I do hope all goes well for you :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright