HILEENA

2»

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hileena..how awful that the nurses don't carry slings or at least could get hold of one..but you and hubby got it done..like Elna says its good you have such a good hubby..no need to type just let Toni or me do it..saying that I know how you like to get things done yourself..hope the pain is not too bad..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Isn't it strange how advice varies from area to area? I had to wear the sling at all times for the first month and sleep sitting up, both miserable experiences. It wasn't only hot at night, it was all flaming day too but as I run hot I guess that wasn't surprising. I was told it would be healed within six weeks - for someone not taking immuno-suppressant meds that may be the case!

This is a miserable time for you, I was fortunate in that I broke my left one and am right-handed so I had it easier. Knowing you as I do I expect you are spitting feathers at being so incapacitated but currently needs must. Keep up with the dullers, a little and reasonably often is definitely the way to go with this malarkey. DD

PS Please do not apologise for typos, they are bound to happen and typing apologies increase stress!
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Hi Hileena, Just popped by to send some gentle hugs. Glad you've got a better sling now, they're blinking uncomfortable things aren't they!
    Deb
    xxxxxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Thinking of you Hileena you poor thing :(

The sling Lucy has is massive with Velcro straps everywhere very complicated.

She only has to wear it at night now oddly :?

I hope you see the surgeon very soon.

Love and ((()))

Toni xx

Ps as Barbara said don't hurt yourself trying to type.
  • Sars4185
    Sars4185 Member Posts: 34
    Hi Hileena,
    Just read your news ! You poor thing! Sending hugs and best wishes to a speedy recovery.
    Sara xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi
    Latest update...........Telephone call yesterday [Friday] from the hospital again. Saying I had an appointment on Mon with the Shoulder Surgeon, don't know about anyone else but to me that sounds scary :cry: Not looking forward to it one little bit.
    Don't know what they will do :? :? All I have ever had have been replacements :cry: :? Oh yes pins and a plate in my ankle......Any ideas
    Love Hileena
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hi,

Good luck for Monday Hileena, we will be there for pocket duties, so sorry they are necessary

Love
    Yvonne x
  • barbara12
    Hileena I should imagine they are sending for you soon because its a break and not quite in place, so they will need to manipulate it back has soon as possible...then it doesn't start mending in the wrong place..will be with you on Monday...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Barbara's reply makes good sense to me.

I do hope all goes well on Monday. Afraid I can't promise pocket duties as I'm currently 8 hours behind you and will be asleep but I wish you all the luck going.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    I've just found this thread and I'm so sorry for hear this, poor you Hileena. You've not been having much fun lately, eh? Wishing you lots of luck for your shoulder surgeon appt. Hope the new sling is a bit more comfortable and that the pain eases up. Thinking of you. Xx
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Hope all goes well on Monday. I'm sure they are just checking things are going well and making sure it heals in the right way.
    Christine
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Hileena, I'll absolutely be in your pocket tomorrow......can I bring my crochet to keep me out of mischief please? If the break needs reducing/resetting they'll want to do it as soon as possible so that it doesn't begin to set in the wrong place. Hope you get some decent rest today so you feel calm for tomorrow.

Take care

Deb xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Hileena,

Barbara's reply makes very good sense and personally I am relieved that you are being seen sooner than later. At least by tomorrow you will know what you are up against.

Sending you my love and healing vibes. You are one courageous lady. You will be in my thoughts tomorrow.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Thanks everyone, its almost 10pm just getting ready for bed.
    Its so comforting to know that you are all with me.
    I just wish the apt was am but not unjtil nearly 4pm :(
    I'll get in touch with someone to ask for a message to be put on the forum

nite nite all

hileena
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Night, night, Hileena, I hope you sleep well tonight and awake refreshed. Tomorrow is another day. We will be with you especially in the afternoon. I hope your appointment will be relatively on time.

Chin up,

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Count me in, I am sure this is just routine but these things are never explained to us are they? After all, we're just the patients who have endless hours of spare time to sit around, waiting for the demi-gods of medicine to languidly wave a hand in our general direction and pronounce all is well, having casually put us on a state of high alert. Gotta love those medicos. :|

Please let us know (by whatever means) how you get on but there is no rush, the primary concern is you and your well-being. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    Thinking about you Hileena..I do hope they can sort your shoulder there and then..xx
    Love
    Barbara