Neck disc prolapse again?

Options
GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 1. Apr 2017, 12:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
I suspect my prolapsed disc in my cervical spine (C4-C6) has moved again and is pushing on my nerve. :roll: Most of today the third finger on my right hand has been numb and the numbness is gradually spreading across all my fingers on that hand. My right shoulder is getting stiffer and I can feel the muscle "hot spots" (as my physio from last year referred to them as) are becoming more apparent.

As it's the weekend (typical isn't it?), I'll try and keep my fingers moving, massage them and try soaking my hand in a bowl of warm water. It's worth a try. Looks like the Gabapentin will be coming back out of the box. Good job my GP kept that on my repeat list!

So, another challenge to overcome. Never mind, lots more worse off than I am.

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• Sue
    Sue Member Posts: 40
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Grace, I really feel for you. I'm afraid I can't offer any advice or solution but you have my sympathy. I have four discs gone in my neck and three diseased vertebrae. My left shoulder has been swollen for six months or more. I get a trapped nerve in my right shoulder which affects my arm, and wakes me up at night! Not nearly as bad as you though. Three months of physio and acupuncture didn't work.
    Can your doctor do anything to release the nerve?

I hope someone else reads your message and can offer you some help.

Sue
    X