I'll get confused!

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 20. Apr 2017, 07:51 in Community Chit-chat archive
I see on the news tonight that it looks like there could be a snap election early June. In my area we have local elections coming up. I've had the usual deluge of literature from candidates, as well as the card that says I'm still registered for a postal vote.

Now I'll get another deluge of literature! I wonder will my letter box and recycling bin cope? More's the question - will I be able to keep track which piece of literature is relating to which election? :roll:

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Really??!!

Gosh I hope not my small brain will melt-down :roll:

As for our recycling bins they will explode!!!

Hope you're doing ok ((()))

Love

Toni xx
  • palo
    palo Member Posts: 240
    It's the chinese curse isn't it

May you live in interesting times

I've had enough of interesting thank you, please give me boredom..
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    And depending on how active the party workers are in your area perhaps make a sign to go on the door to to dissuade canvassers?!
    The local elections come first in May so with any luck time enough for the dead forest backlog to be cleared to recycling.
    Can't help but be cynical about the reasons for calling a GE now and
    as someone pointed out yesterday Mrs May needs to get a two thirds majority in Parliament to go ahead with the GE but with the first past the post system in this country the Conservatives wouldn't need anything approaching a majority(however you define that post-Brexit!) of electoral support to remain in power.
    I will exercise my vote but otherwise try to ignore national politics - it's not good for my general well-being! - and concentrate on matters on my doorstep.
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    palo wrote:
    It's the chinese curse isn't it

May you live in interesting times

I've had enough of interesting thank you, please give me boredom..
    Couldn't agree more!
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    I am fed up already. Mind you it will give me the chance to use a postal vote for the first time.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Had my postal vote paperwork arrive today. It's going back in the post tomorrow.

I'm still getting all kinds of literature through the letterbox, despite the fact there's a notice on it saying "no junk mail/free newspapers". However, I'm aware that if the postman brings flyers these cannot be stopped. So they'll just continue to go in the recycling bin.

Grace
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Nothing here yet. But then my MP probably doesn't think he has to worry about being re-elected. IDS
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich