a newbie here

Options
BroadchurchFan
BroadchurchFan Member Posts: 2
edited 22. Apr 2017, 17:55 in Say Hello Archive
Hi, this is my first post to say hello.

I've not been diagnosed with anything yet, although I am experiencing pain in most of my joints. I'm waiting to see the doctor (again) next week and am hoping to maybe get some answers or a referral.

I was once reasonably fit and ran regularly. Now, I have pain in both ankles, shoulder, thighs and fingers and toes. My feet ache all the time, it feels like I've been walking all day in bad fitting shoes. The pain over the last few weeks has gotten worse, hence the doctors appointment.

I'll keep you posted.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums, Broadchurchfan, from the moderation team, (I too am a huge fan of Broadchurch :) ).

I am very sorry to hear you are in pain in so many joints. I very much hope your next visit to the Dr helps you on the way to getting a diagnosis or a referral to someone who can.

I don’t know whether you have had a look at any of the Arthritis Care publications? If you haven’t this one might be particularly relevant to you at the moment:

https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/do-i-have-arthritis/diagnosis

As moderators we are here to help with any problems you may have using the message boards so feel free to send us a message if you need to.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards and hope you’ll let us know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Ellen
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Hello and welcome from me, too. (Yup, I enjoyed Broadchurch too :D ). I'm sorry you're having so much pain and I do hope the doc can help. In the meantime you might find some of the stuff on the grey menu near the top helpful. I hope so.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Evie1965
    Evie1965 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi you sound very much like myself.....hope u get some treatment soon.....the foot pain is the worst......constant ache and pain....xxx