Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

However your life is impacted by arthritis we want to understand more about you so that we can make sure we continue to develop our information, support and services such as the online community.

If you've not already, please take 5 -10 minutes to fill in our survey. All information you provide will remain anonymous and be treated in the strictest confidence. TAKE OUR SURVEY


Evie1965Evie1965 Posts: 3
edited 25. Apr 2017, 10:31 in Say Hello Archive
Hi new to this....have osteoarthritis in my wrists,hands and knees but most severely in my feet.... Recently had bone scan and every joint/bone in my right foot is affected and 80% of my left.....my feet are so painful I can't walk or weight bare.....just feel very low as never leave the house and sick of the pain xxx


  • moderatormoderator Posts: 4,093 mod
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Evie and welcome to the Arthritis Care forum.

    Very sorry to hear you are having so much pain at the moment resulting from Arthritis in your legs & feet: it can be enormously wearing.

    You may like to ring the Arthritis Care Helpline open Monday - Friday 9.30am - 5.00pm on 0808 800 4050 where you can speak to someone in full confidence and get support.

    The Arthritis Care web site also has useful sections on Living with Arthritis on managing pain and fatigue: follow any useful links from this page: https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/living-with-arthritis

    I'm sure others on the forum with personal experience of osteoarthritis will be along soon to provide their valuable support.

    Best wishes
  • dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,543 ✭✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello, it's nice to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I understand painful feet as mine hurt all the time, I have OA in my ankles and another kind of arthritis affecting my toes. I also have OA in my knees and hips - moving around far from fun. :wink:

    I am now 58 and twenty years in with this malarkey, how long have you been struggling? I use walking aids and have a wheelchair which I use when on holiday. I can still drive which is a blessing - are you a driver? For pain relief I have 30/500 cocodamol and I occasionally take an anti-inflammatory for a few days if needed: both are prescribed by my GP. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicketstickywicket Posts: 25,864
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Evie. I'm sorry you're feeling so low right now. Pain can do this to us and it does help to talk to people who understand.

    I, too, have pain in my feet due to my RA and OA. Ther trouble with feet is that they bear all the weight of the rest of us. Even so, not walking or leaving the house does make more things worse than better.

    can you ask your GP to refer you to a physiotherapist, an orthotist (They specialise in feet) and an Occupational Therapist who might be able to find ways of making your life easier? Actually, you can refer yourself to the latter. Just look up your local Adult Social Care people on your local government website. Good luck and do let us know how you get on.
    “There is always a well-known solution to every human problem - neat, plausible, and wrong.” H.L. Mencken
Sign In or Register to comment.