Pocket request for Wednesday please :)

Options
Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 11. May 2017, 13:30 in Living with Arthritis archive
In 2 days, I'm having a small operation on my left wrist to hopefully stop the carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel nerves getting trapped. They may remove the synovium too but it depends on how inflammed it looks. I'm a bit nervous because it's under local and I've never even had a tooth out before.

I have to be at the hospital for midday and my surgeon operates between 2 and 5 pm, so if you can hang out with me please, I'd be very grateful. Thank you, Sophie x

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Count me in.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Good luck Starburst, hope all goes well for you.

Moderator John
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    HI
    I'LL BE OUT THAT MORNING [APPT] BUT YOU'LL BE IN MY THOUGHTS

LOVE
    HILEENA
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Count me in, I understand how daunting the thought of it is . . . . ((((( ))))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Hi Starburst,
    count us in! The moderator team will be with you
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Will be there .
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    You got it, Sophie. I'm sure all will be well but it's much easier to be sure for others, isn't it :roll:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Good luck hope all goes well. for you x
    Love
    Barbara
  • stremlett
    stremlett Member Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm on the waiting list for that op too. I have had lots of operations over the years for various things but it's not something to look forward to is it!! I'm told we won't see anything or feel anything once the hand is numbed and it only takes about twenty minutes.

I AM SO looking forward to the shocking scalding pain and buzzing going away, getting normal sleep and having feeling back in the hand and I bet you are too. I'll be sending you nice calm vibes :-) SueT
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    I'll be there too. I recently went with my 87 year old mum for the same op, her first ever surgery and she was scared....so she walked back from surgery smiling and chatting to the nurse and said it was fine, she saw nothing, felt nothing and said everyone was lovely, the nurse held her other hand and chatted to her throughout to distract her. 2 months on she is pain free, has feeling back in all but 2 fingers that still tingle, and is planning to have the other hand done in the summer. She tells me she had no pain post operatively either.

Hope all goes well.

Deb. xx
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Thank you, lovely people. It went well and I didn't feel too nervous. The only blip was my blood pressure when he injected the local anaesthetic and it hit a nerve which sent my body into shock. I needed oxygen but recovered really well. I've got a huge bandage and a fancy looking sling contraption which feels rather dramatic given the small wound but they said it will help me heal more quickly. I'm ready for bed now. All the hanging around was tiring! Hope it wasn't too dull for you all, thank you again.
  • stremlett
    stremlett Member Posts: 37
    Options
    Starburst wrote:
    Thank you, lovely people. It went well and I didn't feel too nervous. The only blip was my blood pressure when he injected the local anaesthetic and it hit a nerve which sent my body into shock. I needed oxygen but recovered really well. I've got a huge bandage and a fancy looking sling contraption which feels rather dramatic given the small wound but they said it will help me heal more quickly. I'm ready for bed now. All the hanging around was tiring! Hope it wasn't too dull for you all, thank you again.

Hi Starburst, How are things post-op? I hope you are pain and buzz free by now :-)
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I echo that and my thanks to stremlett for bringing this thread up to the top. My plea is that I've had a busy week but that's no excuse.

I hope things are going well, Sophie, and you are starting to feel some benefits.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Wobbly
    Wobbly Member Posts: 58
    Options
    Hi how are u feeling?? I have been encouraged by your post as I have just had my 1st injection for carpal and told if it doesn't work I am to have the operation, so I shall be watching your progress with much interest. What is the recovery period for you?? Did it really not hurt??
    Please keep us posted

Thanks

Wobbly xx