sick nausea feeling with RA that never shifts

Options
rosegoddess
rosegoddess Member Posts: 6
edited 9. May 2017, 16:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
since ever i got this disease and no matter what meds i am on at the time, i have this sick feeling in my stomach and guts - my head bangs and is dizzy nasty. its like having an eternal hangover. sometimes i think yes this is just dehydration and upload some O2 to my system. this might work now and again but mainly it does nothing. have been thru all sorts of different diet scenarios and taken stomach protection and whatever else ive been advised.

ive never had a day of remission since this disease kicked in with a full blown flare 6 years ago......does anyone else get this eternal sick dizzy hangover where there is no obvious reason?

i have had domperidom in the past for extreme sick feelings and just thinking am i having a moment of genius thinking i should ask for this drug on a more regular basis?

this is really very much wearing me down - all these years hungover - omg i think i should just hit the JD and maybe i wont have these feelings any more haha

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    This isn't something I associate with RA though it's something I do associate with meds. NSAIDS did for my stomach years ago and, to this day, I have to take omep in the morning and Gaviscon at night and that's just when all is well. I also never take any med without a small amount of food (apart from the omep and gaviscon).

I was once prescribed domperidone when things were rough in that department but, next time that happened, was told my practice had stopped prescribing it due to (I think) a heart scare with it.

If drinking water sometimes helps that's a simple and easy solution. Nausea is horrible but so is uncontrolled RA. It's a tough call.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Rach101
    Rach101 Member Posts: 165
    Options
    I can totally relate to this, I have had nausea and dizziness and feeling generally ill throughout this illness. I don't have RA but I have spondyloarthritis. Ive never understood why I feel so ill and it's not related to being on meds. It doesn't seem to fit in with the symptoms of inflammatory arthritis so it's really confusing. I also describe it as feeling hungover, fortunately it's not every day for me but I often wake up feeling hungover despite the fact that I hardly ever drink and nobody has ever been able to explain it. You're the first person Ive heard describe the same symptoms which is reassuring to me. Sorry I can't help tho as Ive never found anything that relieves it :(
  • Natalie1712
    Natalie1712 Member Posts: 63
    Options
    I actually get this too and was never sure if it was the arthritis or not. It's not every day but sometimes I do wake up with a hungover type feeling or other days I can be fine and it kicks in mid afternoon. It's horrible! I'm the same with the water and have put it down to dehydration. I find sometimes if I'm too hot I will get this way too so I now have a wee fan at my desk at work and this does help too. Maybe you could try something like that if you can?
  • Gobutslow
    Gobutslow Member Posts: 23
    Options
    I understand where you are coming from.

I get a whoozey almost travel sickness type of feeling. I find it's worse when I'm tired and done too much.
    I have to take it easy otherwise the pain in my joints gets unbearable and the Meds only take the edge off.

I've tried rehydration. Drinking peppermint tea. Nothing seems to work.

I also always make sure I eat something before any Meds and never take them with cold water/drink. It turns my stomach.

I hope you find a solution.