Good news!

Options
Rach101
Rach101 Member Posts: 165
edited 4. May 2017, 15:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
It seems that the sulfasalazine tablets may be starting to work as I've worn my engagement ring all day today! Only a small thing but it hasn't even gone on my finger for the past year as my fingers have been so swollen. Even the steroids didn't reduce the swelling and I was starting to think it was permanent! Just need it to go down completely so I can wear my weddding ring too. I know it's only a little thing but we've got to celebrate these small steps of success!

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I am pleased for you, these things are important for our morale and self-esteem. I haven't worn my original engagement and wedding ring for years but the former is (as of today) being enlarged by three sizes and rhodium-plated so it matches my other white-gold and I can wear it again. I remember reading on here a number of posts from distressed ladies who had to have their rings cut off and was determined that would not happen to me. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Thank you. Good news is a rare but very welcome commodity on here.

I'm very happy for you and I hope the improvement continues.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • MissKat
    MissKat Member Posts: 124
    Options
    Awh such lovely news [emoji4] It must be such a great feeling for you after not being able to wear them for so long, huge congrats... and hope they continue to improve for that wedding ring too x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Thats great
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich