Had my PIP assessment today

Options
jenzie06
jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
edited 21. May 2017, 09:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
I was so nervous. I'd been awake since 2am with tremendous pain in my knees and ankles. My father came with me and took notes.

It went quite well. Basically running through the form again. Plus there were some mental arithmetic which I utterly failed at. I was asked to remember three words and I was so focussed on the words that I couldn't count backwards in 7s from 100. Felt like an idiot.

I managed to do some movements but not all.

The man doing the assessment was very friendly and listened carefully. He was a physio. We explained about the previous experience where a previous assessor wrote complete inaccuracies and how just filling out the form set off my ibs so badly I ended up with diverticulitis. He kept reassuring us not to worry. He didn't make the final decision but seemed to believe me which is worth its weight in gold.

I spent the rest of the day asleep on the sofa!

Cross your fingers everyone!

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm glad he was kind and friendly. That does help a lot. Fingers crossed for the outcome.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I will have my fingers crossed for you, and hope they see sense and you get the pip..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options
    Crikey Jen!

I can't count backwards in 7s anyway!! :oops:

It sounded like a good assessment and I am glad it was an that your Dad was with you for support :)

Let us know how you get on won't you?

Love

Toni xxx
  • MissKat
    MissKat Member Posts: 124
    Options
    I just tried to count backwards in 7's from 100 and failed miserably!

Fingers and toes crossed for you (ouch!) x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk