For all those desperate for rheumatology appointments

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
edited 23. May 2017, 04:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
Have some on me :D

We moved from Leeds to Scotland last October. I visited my GP of 35 years before moving to thank him. I sorted out a new one up here who soon got me a lovely new rheumatologist. So far so good.

Last week I received a letter with a rheumatology appointment in Leeds. I rang up to explain and was told I'd be removed from their lists.

Later last week I got a letter thanking me for notifying them and saying I should get in touch with my new GP if I wanted any more appointments. :? I already had done and had one.

Yesterday I got two more letters from Leeds. The first one told me my appointment had been cancelled. (Well, yes, I kinda knew that) :roll: The second one was a new appointment date
:o

As I have just explained to the nice fellow at the booking service, it's good to feel wanted but.....
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    By any chance is this a central booking system? In my experience of these they tend to be staffed by equal amounts of idiots, morons and twerps who sound as though they know what they are doing but really don't . . . . . I swear the typing one can hear is being done on a dummy keyboard (do you remember Steve Race's dummy piano on My Music?) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    :shock: Hope you can get a new one for Scotland...maybe they communicate with one another up there... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • polly123
    polly123 Member Posts: 96
    Options
    Hi Sticky, haven't been on here for a long while - welcome to scotland :-)
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Thank you, Polly. We've had lots of lovely welcomes and are really enjoying life in this beautiful part of the world.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright