Blisters on feet

Options
Sparkys6887
Sparkys6887 Member Posts: 58
edited 21. May 2017, 13:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have rheumatoid arthritis and was diagnosed when I was 30, which is now seventeen years ago!!

In recent months I have been getting recurrent blisters on the ball of my feet, they are very painful and make walking even harder than usual. I also have a neurologist condition called syringomyelia due to an Arnold Chiari Malformation. I'm wondering if the blisters are due to arthritis?

I have a good pair of trainers which are pretty well padded but getting old now.

Thank you.

Comments

• Natalie1712
    Natalie1712 Member Posts: 63
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi sparky,

Sorry to hear your getting blisters, I know how painful they can be! I was getting them last year and I was referred to orthotics to have some insoles made as my feet were not landing right when I was walking, if that makes sense? It was a 9 month waiting list but I finally got them in march this year and I have to say they have stopped the blisters. So maybe it's something to do with the angle of your foot and a pair of insoles could help? Worth a try speaking to your doctor if you think it could be a similar problem to what I had?

Good luck and I hope you get it sorted soon.

Natalie
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    That seems to be a very likely scenario to me. Ask your GP for a referral to an orthotist.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Sparkys6887
    Sparkys6887 Member Posts: 58
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. I'm seeing my consultant on Tuesday so will ask for a referral :)