Should have known better

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 11. Jun 2017, 04:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
Than go out in the sun without sun screen,got a long sleeve top on fairly high neckline and only walked from public transport to pub and back on public transport but it did the damage I've now got a big red patch on the backs of my hands and on the front of my neck and the urge to scratch,I'm hoping it fades away over night got the steroid cream ready just in case. :oops:

Comments

• Sue
    Sue Member Posts: 40
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Why do you burn so easily?
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh Mig :(

I hope you slept ok and it's easing now. Just think what fun you'll have peeling skin off in a week or so :wink:

Love

Toni xxx
  • mig
    Sun sensitive because of lupus and meds.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh Mig, how miserable, I empathise. I posted recently about aqueous cream laced with calamine lotion, I saw this in Sainsbury's and thought it seemed like a good idea and it is. Despite my wearing sunscreen and covering up I too have had the odd flare of sun-related rash in the recent sunny days and it's helped to soothe matters.

We don't even have to be outside, do we? Sun streaming through a window has done for me before now. :roll: I even wear sunscreen when I'm driving. I hope things settle soon for you - and if you don't have any calamine lotion invest in a bottle, I promise you it's worth it and kinder than steroid-based creams. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hi Mig
    I hope things are more comfortable today
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh Mig I put factor 30 on but missed a bit on the back of my neck..so that burned...I hope you can get something to ease it for you...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    You did know better you just, like all of us, messed up thus proving you're a real human being not a robotic Superwoman.

It's so easy for us with induced photosensitivity to think it'll only be for a minute, or that the sun's not very strong or, like Barbara, just to miss a bit. I've never had a proper meth rash because I learned my lesson many years ago when taking the now-discredited-and-withdrawn NSAID Opren. I spent one night with my arm in a bowl of cold water at the side of the bed to try to reduce the itching from the water-filled blisters.

I hope it soon goes.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Its on my shopping list DD.

He who thinks he must be obeyed (yeah right) said we could go out and tidy the garden he said its nice and cool you'll be fine NO said I the sun is full on the garden but its nice and cool there then followed expletives which would get me banned. :lol:
  • mermaid
    mermaid Member Posts: 104
    Oh Mig, sounds so sore:-( My skin cancer nurse advises factor 50 applied each morning after showering/washing, all through the year on exposed skin. Between 10 and 3pm the sun is so strong at this time of year. Take good care, xxxx
  • mig
    The orange supermarket I use didn't have any nor my local boots so I brought some sudocrem it seems to have worked and my hands are nice and soft,but shall get some calamine cream when I go to a bigger shop.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Guess who's gone and done the same? :) I was sat out this morning on a sunny balcony, with The Spouse, and remarked I had better go in. I delayed and am now paying the price with an itchy, sore and blistered back. I could feel the heat through my nightdress but forgot that sitting so close to water can increase the effect of the nasty rays. The cream I bought is working but I might visit the local chemist tomorrow for a bottle of calamine lotion: a holiday is not complete without dry, pink and powdery skin. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    Tut Tut DD,my hands are as soft as babies bum :wink::lol:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh bless you both!

let this be a warning to us all :roll:

Love

Toni xxx