Sorry for being AWOL

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 7. Jun 2017, 02:57 in Community Chit-chat archive
I've not been posting lately - sorry, although I have been reading.

I've been horrendously busy with trying to get my late Mother's house sold (she passed away end October last year). The house went under offer again, for the third time in mid April to a first time buyer and he agreed to a swift completion. This is a completely chain free transaction. Naturally, this hasn't happened as he appears to have appointed the slowest conveyancing solicitor registered to practice in the UK. Not helped by the fact the buyer lives in Surrey but his solicitor is in Merseyside! Why do people do that?

So, I've been tearing my hair out (how I'm not completely bald is a flaming miracle to be honest!) at how long everything has been taking.

My cousin Tony, who was a solicitor before he retired and is the other executor, has also been tearing his hair out with this as he's about to start chemo for bowel cancer so we really wanted the estate sorted completely before his treatment started. That won't happen now.

This weekend we finally had the paperwork from our solicitor to sign regarding the exchange but we have still to agree exchange and completion dates.

The house needs to be sold; I've acknowledged and accepted this since Mum passed but I am dreading going into the house on completion day, reading the meters and doing my 'last' walk round the house. It's where my siblings and I grew up, and the house has been with the family since 1970 so when it does change hands it'll be like another loss to the family.

So, please keep your fingers crossed that we'll get this to exchange and completion at long last and it's 'third time lucky' for us.

And I'll try to be a bit more pro-active on the Forum again.

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Grace
    lovely to hear from you and so sorry to hear that the sale of your mum's house is taking so long, keeping all our fingers crossed for you and no need to apologise about not being on posting we all know life can get in the way
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Its lovely to hear form you Grace..no pressure to post just so we know you are doing ok..what a nightmare for you the house has been..I will have everything crossed that it all goes through this time..will be thinking about you..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • GraceB
    Thank you.

Our solicitor has confirmed the answers to the queries (most of which were pointless!), have been emailed to the buyer's solicitors. We now wait to see if these satisfy them and if they are ready to agree an exchange date. I've told our solicitor exchange doesn't have to be on any particular day as this is an electronic exercise (for the want of a better phrase!), but I do need to agree completion for one of my non-working days so I can do my final visit to the house, read meters, leave keys, etc. I think I'll be asking for pocket duties then, if possible, as I'm going to need moral support.

GraceB
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Hugs Grace. (((())))
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    GraceB wrote:
    I've not been posting lately - sorry, although I have been reading.

he appears to have appointed the slowest conveyancing solicitor registered to practice in the UK. Not helped by the fact the buyer lives in Surrey but his solicitor is in Merseyside! Why do people do that?

We had that exact company Grace they are RUBBISH and linked to the estate agents so they told us it would be 'quicker'. NIGHTMARE ::) Got sorted in the end though and we've nearly been here a year.

You have no apologies to make we understand it's just good to hear you are ok

Love

Toni xx
  • GraceB
    Thank you. Still waiting to hear about agreeing exchange and completion dates.

My cousin took the paperwork into our solicitor literally a few minutes after 9am yesterday. I had an email from our solicitor yesterday to say he'd sent the answers to the queries back to the buyer's solicitors, was waiting to hear if they were satisfied with them and if they were ready to agree an exchange date. I expect it'll be me chasing again! :roll:

GraceB
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    So frustrating Grace, but it will get sorted.

Thinking of you

Toni xx