Pocket duties please

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 9. Jun 2017, 03:59 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, not hospital this time but on Wednesday I have a meeting with the school business manager and the LAs HR. Last time I met this HR officer was very upsetting. Really there is no need for the meeting at this stage but they refuse to refer me to OH without this meeting and it's threat of disciplinary action.
I'm also finding the thought of going back into school like this stressful and I have an awful feeling I will burst into tears at some point.

Thanks
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'll be there. With tissue, a flask of tea and a very scary glare for anyone being awkward with you :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Thanks.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    I'll be there, practising my best ex-teachers stare for anyone not playing nicely!! Maybe just try to see it as one step closer to drawing things to an end. You know that you have made the right decision, just keep believing in yourself.

Deb xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    COUNT ME IN TOO (NOT SHOUTING, NEW KEYBOARD AND CAN'T GET SHOT OF CAPS LOCK). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Thanks all.
    Julian of Norwich
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    Count me in Slosh, will be at work but I can loom over that HR numpty as i'm 6'2" :D
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • Wobbly
    Wobbly Member Posts: 58
    I'll be thinking of you

Wobbly xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    I will be there Slosh ,we will all sort em out for you. (())
  • Slosh
    They won't have a chance
    Julian of Norwich
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    Hi Slosh,

Hopefully all went well today with the meeting.

Alastair
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • Slosh
    It went... it was ok. I was very careful with what I said, especially when HR started talking about reviewing my risk assessment/adjustments etc, and I mentioned things around health and safety and key things such as not being able to get to all the areas of a classroom which meant I was dependant on having a TA there in case a child had an accident, difficulties handwriting etc. I did get the feeling I had to convince them.
    So they are referring me to OH and then a follow up meeting after that, to which I am going to ask my local union rep to attend.

The worst bit was seeing some of the children I used to teach who were excited to see me but disappointed when I said I wasn't coming back.

The best bit was being told by a TA who I have worked with a lot that I was well out of it!

Seeing my daughter and her family tomorrow so hugs and cuddles are on the menu.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Glad it was ok, one more hoop jumped through. Enjoy your family day tomorrow.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Glad you survived it slosh, one step forward is good news
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I hope you're enjoying the hugs and cuddles, Slosh. Think of them as a well-deserved payment for surviving the meeting :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    They were lovely! It is the goodbyes that show the differences. Luke (7) gives me another hug, a kiss and a "See you soon Granny, loveyou". Tom (5) hides under a fleecy blanket and sulks. Lily, 2, says "no, bye bye Granny" refuses to give me a hug or kiss and then cries/has a tantrum!

Lily was extra sweet today as she'd insisted on wearing a "dress for Granny".

I am blessed indeed.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi slosh I am sorry I am late seeing this, I am behind with everything these days..so glad you got to see your lovely family and had all those cuddles..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Slosh
    Thank you, I am lucky to have such a wonderful family
    Julian of Norwich