Pocket Duties for 6th

TheLordFlasheart
TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
edited 8. Jun 2017, 08:53 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well, tomorrow I go to my second Pain Clinic appointment (feels like this will be come a regular thing), and this time i'll be asking if I can be referred for an arthroscopy, as i've had enough.

Since my last appointment, my pain has been more managble thanks to the morphine patches, but my knee refuses to settle and it actually feels worse now!

I get the feeling that when I fill in the pain questionnaire, I will be still circling in the 7-10 scale....

Pocket duties would be really appriciated.

Alastair
"Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I will be there. Mig
  • TheLordFlasheart
    Thank you
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Pop me in hope it goes well
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Good luck, Alastair. I hope I'm not too late.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • TheLordFlasheart
    Just got home from my appointment, not much to update you all with. Just described how bad things are getting and staying on the morphine patches (the consultant did say this is not best in the long term).

She has written to my GP to get me referred for an arthroscopy if my next steroid injection fails to work.

Sure it's not a straight referral for surgery, but at least it's a plan and has given my some piece of mind.

Thanks again for attending with me.

Alastair
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Good Morning Alastair

Sounds like a good appointment you had there one more try at steroid jab then surgery it is a plan.

Of course you don't want patches long-term if some of your pain can be resolved with the injection/surgery so it all makes sense I suppose.

Overall I would say you did well :D

Love

Toni xx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    That sounds like a plan
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Sorry I am late Alastair, I am sure your GP will now gets things under way for the arthroscopy ..then hopefully you will have some answers ..and then take it form there..hope the appointment comes soon...
    Love
    Barbara
  • TheLordFlasheart
    barbara12 wrote:
    Sorry I am late Alastair, I am sure your GP will now gets things under way for the arthroscopy ..then hopefully you will have some answers ..and then take it form there..hope the appointment comes soon...

The consultant at the pain clinic will be writing to my GP to say that if the steroid injection does not work, they are to reffer my for the arthroscopy.
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    You have a plan. That's always good.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I think it's a good plan and anything that gives peace of mind is very valuable.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright