Knee brace supports

Des
Des Member Posts: 2
edited 8. Jun 2017, 15:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,
I have been looking at knee brace supports, the are quite expensive between £250 - £600 I was wondering if any body has any experience with these. I would appreciate any advice.
Thanks
Des

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi and welcome to the forum,I have no experience with knee supports but there are many on here who have and they'd be happy to share the experience.
    Al
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,764
    :shock: :shock: :lol::lol:

Crikey, Des, I've never seen one costing so much though I once saw a guy on crutches, clearly post-op wearing what might be one.

For my arthritis I've only ever worn the neoprene ones - £10-£20. They do give support to a wobbly knee. I wore them before my knee replacement ops. The trick is not to overdo it as they encourage the muscles to weaken. If that happens we're in a worse state than before we started.

I wonder if you're thinking of something that would enable you to run rather than walk. I imagine the same rules would apply but I think you really need to talk to either a good physiotherapist or an orthopaedic surgeon.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Hello Des I dont think you need to pay so much, I would have a word with a physio if you could..I do know that they are not meant to be worm all the time or you lose the muscle strength..
    Love
    Barbara