To All Tezz's Forum Friends

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 18. Jun 2017, 05:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
It's with great sadness that I have to let you know that our lovely Tezz has lost her battle with the evil 'Nellie'.

Tezz's son, Damian, let me know this evening. I think he said it was on Sunday night though he could have said Friday. It was clearly far sooner than expected but I'm afraid I wasn't taking things in too clearly. I did ask if he'd like me to let you all know, though, and he did want that.

I told him I thought it was very typical of Tezz that her final thread, detailing her illness, was entitled 'Many thanks'. I also told him that I thought she was amazing in the unselfish manner in which she dealt with things, her only concerns being for her family and trying, somehow, to protect them from what she had to undergo.

It was all true. I don't think I've ever seen someone dealing with their own final illness with such lack of self-pity combined with a determination to see, and be grateful for, the good things around her. A quick read of her thread shows that.

Thank you, Tezz, for all the valuable lessons you have taught me.

In paradisum deducant te angeli.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Such sad news, even if not totally unexpected.
    The world is the poorer for her passing but we are the richer for having shared her company here.
    My thoughts are with her family.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    edited 9. Jun 2017, 03:27
    Thank you Stickywicket for letting us know this very sad news about our friend Tezz.

Probably since her last post I have been getting increasingly worried at her lack of communication.

I hope that she went with the sounds of the birds in her ears and the voices of her beloved family.

My thoughts are also with them all; I know they will miss her very, very much she was a truly special person.

A fellow-forumer.

:(
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Such very sad news to read.

The sad loss of Tezz - far too early.

Thank you for letting us know Stickywicket.

My thoughts are also very much with her family now.

She fought her battle bravely.

Rest in peace Tezz

Ellen
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,900
    Thank you Sticky
    that is a shock I did not know Tess had that.
    Tess will be missed on the forum.
    joan
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    What sad news although not entirely unexpected. Her courage, grace and humour in dealing with the situation gave me food for thought and certainly gave me a better perspective on my trifling concerns.

I send Nick and the boys my sincere condolences, she was a remarkable woman and it was both an honour and pleasure to have 'known' her. DD

The deeper sorrow carves into your being the more joy you can contain.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Thankyou Stickywicket for letting us know..
    This is so very very sad..bless her, far to early , her pain has gone now ..but her poor family will have there own pain to deal with..
    Rest in Peace Tezz
    Our forum friend xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • mermaid
    mermaid Member Posts: 104
    Thank you Sticky for letting us know this very very sad news. Each day that passed I feared this would be the next thread. I hope that dear Tezz is now at peace from pain and suffering which she bore so very bravely right to the end with such dignity, humour and humanity. I didn't know her apart from on here but her soul really touched me and she was indeed a very special, generous and loving person, as others have said, always putting her loved ones' feelings before her own. Her love of nature and appreciation of her nurses and carers was a joy to read and I am sure the hospice too will always have a special place for her.
    My thoughts are so much with her lovely husband and family, a tragic and devastating loss for them all.
    You touched the hearts of many Tezz, now rest in peace. xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Thank you Sticky for this sad news about Tess she always came across with such dignity and a sense of fun, she will be missed from the forum.Could you please send my condolences at this very sad time,I am sure the rest of the mods feel the same way
    Christine.
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Thank you for this info Sticky m prayers an thoughts are with her family at this sad time . :cry:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    I never knew Tezz, but from your comments, I can tell she was much loved on these forums. My sympathy goes to heer family, and all of her lovely friends who willmiss her on here. RIP lovely lady.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    My sincere condolences, to family and friends at this sad time. Truly sorry, I remember reading some of her selfless posts about her illness. Aidan
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Such a sad loss not only for her family but for us on here as well.My condolences to her family. X
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    I never really knew Tezz, but from reading the comments, she was a valued member of these forums.

My sincerest condolences go out to her family and friends.

Alastair
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • [Deleted User]
    Bye for now Tezz,

It was a pleasure to know you and a privilege to be there to share your last journey.

love to Nick and all the family

Yvonne x
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Oh what terribly sad news, a real loss to the world. You were a fighter, Tezz. You did not lose, you won because of your dignity. Much love to her family. X
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    My deepest condolences to her family and friends.
    May all the sweet memories of Tezz bring them solace during this time. x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    My love to all her family.
    Tezz always was a fighter. I've known her since she was in an MSN group [that's a ling time ago] that I was assistant manager of. She was a lovely person
    I'm only sorry that I haven't been on line towards the end.
    I send my love to Nick and all the rest of the family.
    God Bless Tezz and the rest of the family
    love
    Hileena
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Very sad news. Tezz will be very much missed by her family and her friends. Love and condolences to her family.
    Christine
  • stickywicket
    Dear Friends of Tezz

This is Tezz’s son Damian.

The words written here probably don’t come close to expressing how much the messages sent from you to Tezz mean to us, but on behalf of all of our family, I would like to thank you all for your messages of love and support that kept my Mam going on her journey at the worst time in our lives. Whilst I knew that Mam corresponded with and contributed to forums, I had no idea that she had started this post to help others who might find themselves in a similar situation, but that effectively became an online diary of her illness, and it broke my heart reading it. It stands as a final memory of Mam’s honesty, humour, courage, determination and mental strength, that she could find a way of describing in such a down to earth way her thoughts and emotions, some of which she was shielding us from, at such a devastating and difficult time, and how much kindness, love and support was sent to her by you to keep her going.

Her final post was on 27th May, and typically, she thanked once again the nurses – the Angels – who were trying to make her as comfortable and pain-free as possible with their gentle and loving care, and in her usual positive and uncomplaining way mentions needing to get on with things patiently, the nice weather, and the beautiful scenes outside her hospice window.

The hardest thing in life is to watch someone so close to you die, especially when we were unprepared for how quickly Mam deteriorated in that final dreadful week, but she passed away peacefully just before midnight on Friday 2nd June with us holding her hands, and with the thoughts and love of so many.

Mam, ‘Tezz’, Kathleen – we’ll miss you so so much, xx
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I'm so sad to hear of our dear Tezz's passing and the words of her son brought tears to my eyes. I just want to send all my love to hear family at this hard time. xxx
  • stickywicket
    Damian, if you're reading this, DD too wanted to tell you how moved she was by your words, how kind and thoughtful and brave your mother was and how she, too will miss her. She asked me to thank you for your tribute here, written at such a harrowing time for you. She's sorry she can't write these things in person but is currently away and online access is difficult.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Thankyou SW...
    And Thankyou to Tezz's son Damian for coming on here, I am so glad you got to read how very brave your mam was..she was inspirational..bless her...your lovely words have summed her perfectly..you look after yourselves now..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • polly123
    polly123 Member Posts: 96
    so so sorry to hear this x