Losing weight

Options
mouse2009
mouse2009 Member Posts: 19
edited 24. Jul 2017, 15:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
Needing some advice, due to hormone imbalance, steroids, methotrexate I have in the last couple of years put weight on . Can't seem to lose any however I try. Of course I am limited how much exercise I can do as usually dealing with flare ups. Have a very active job, usually cover 10,000 steps on each shift. What else can I do, feeling fed up [emoji853]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments

• Natalie1712
    Natalie1712 Member Posts: 63
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi mouse,

I joined slimming world in February and I've lost 1 stone 2 pounds so far. I could have lost more but been going through a bad flare up which affects my diet. But I've still lost weight so I know it works and would recommend it as I haven't been exercising at all. I've also heard weight watchers is good if you have one near you? X
  • mouse2009
    Options
    Hi mouse,

I joined slimming world in February and I've lost 1 stone 2 pounds so far. I could have lost more but been going through a bad flare up which affects my diet. But I've still lost weight so I know it works and would recommend it as I haven't been exercising at all. I've also heard weight watchers is good if you have one near you? X

• mouse2009
    Options
    Well done Natalie on your weight loss. I do have a few slimming world recipe books so might give it a go. Thankyou

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    Gosh Mouse you are certainly moving enough aren't you?

I hope the SW diet is enough to kick start your weight loss fingers crossed.

Toni xx
  • Rach101
    Rach101 Member Posts: 165
    Options
    Hi mouse. I have the same problem and have been trying to lose weight since October. I joined slimming world 10 weeks ago and have lost 11lbs with them. I really enjoy the food on their diet and joined a group which is good. Ive lost 1 st 6lb in total. Slow but at least it's going the right way!
  • mouse2009
    Options
    Rach101 wrote:
    Hi mouse. I have the same problem and have been trying to lose weight since October. I joined slimming world 10 weeks ago and have lost 11lbs with them. I really enjoy the food on their diet and joined a group which is good. Ive lost 1 st 6lb in total. Slow but at least it's going the right way!

• mouse2009
    Options
    mouse2009 wrote:
    Rach101 wrote:

Thanks for the replies. Great that SW is working for you guys. Have been looking at the plan and Sw recipes today, going to give it a good go. Wish me luck. With the walking I do I hope it all comes together [emoji846]

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    Rach101 wrote:

That is a great Loss Rach!! Well done

Good luck to you too mouse :)
  • Natalie1712
    Natalie1712 Member Posts: 63
    Options
    Good luck mouse let us know how you get on! X
  • JJE239
    JJE239 Member Posts: 24
    Options
    Try cutting out / down carbs. And eat 2 apples a day. Sounds weird but there is science behind it and it really does work.
  • Rach101
    Options
    Low carb doesn't work for me, whole grain carbs are a great source of energy for me and I know by experience that I don't get on well without them. However, I often eat 2 apples a day, they are surprisingly filling and of course, tasty :)
  • Katie909
    Katie909 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Have you tried the Paleo/Primal approach to healthy eating and anti-inflammatory diet. I lost two stone in three months and hugely reduced my knee pain. I'm writing a book and have a Facebook page to share my experiences. Good luck [emoji6]

• scozzie
    scozzie Member Posts: 333
    Options
    Hi, I wouldn't necessarily cut out carbs, but substitute brown rich for white, whole meal pasta for "white" pasta, whole meal bread for white bread, etc. Also ensure you're drinking plenty of water to stay hydrated.
  • Rach101
    Options
    Hi all. After watching 'forks over knives' and researching online I have started following a whole food plant based diet and the weight is falling off me! I'm enjoying a wide range of healthy foods and am feeling better for it. Worth looking into even if you decide it's not for you.
    Rach x