How's this for service?

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
edited 18. Jun 2017, 06:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
As some of you will know, we moved about 160 / 170 miles away last August to Scotland.

Today I got a phone call from the nurse at my previous orthopaedic surgeon's clinic. He had put in most of my prostheses.

How were they all, she asked, as I was due more x-rays. I told her - basically fine apart from the 36 yr old TKR which can get a bit stroppy at times.

Any chance of me getting down there for x-rays? Mr S liked to keep an eye on his patients.

I said, basically, not much.

"OK," she said. I'll contact your GP and ask him to get some done at your local hospital and send them on to us."

:o

I still can't believe it. I always knew he was good but isn't this an absolutely first class service? Some go private and don't get anything like such aftercare. I am a very lucky patient and a very happy bunny.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• Natalie1712
    Natalie1712 Member Posts: 63
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That's fantastic service sticky wicket. It's always nice to know that the doctors do actually care and you aren't just another chart to them! My local team are great too and couldn't ask for a better care service. It's good to feel supported isn't it :)
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    That's fantastic service. We are so very lucky to be cared for by such dedicated and compassionate health care professionals, the NHS gets lots of criticism but speaking personally I'm so grateful to each and every one of them who keeps me functioning and trundling along.
    :D I may be a mite prejudiced as our son is a Paediatric Registrar in a big regional centre of excellence, but the work they do and the hours he puts in above and beyond his contract leaves me constantly astounded. I know he sees things I couldn't cope with, but thank heavens that there are those who can and do.

Deb xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Sticky that is fantastic service
    You cant expect any better than that

Love
    Hileena
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    That is brilliant.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich