Moving Around question how to answer

greenpower
greenpower Member Posts: 4
edited 4. Jul 2017, 10:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello,

I hope everyone is good.

So as my doc says am young to have osteoarthritis - but we all know it can effect anyone regardless of age.

I work and try to have a good life not let it dictate.

I can walk and do walk further than 20 meters but what I cant do is walk further then 20 meters safely or reliably.
Once i get to below 20 meters, i continue but in real discomoft, pain, and at a slower pace slower than my dad, I also have muscle/tendon issues due to how i hold myself when walking dignosed by the hospital.

I push through this because my doctor has said to try and keep moving to help and also because I want to do things like go to musuems.

I don't do this everyday but sometimes maybe twice a week - i get really tired after it.

- So do i tick I Less than 20 meters? because anything over this I cannot do reliably?

Thanks
Jo

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums greenpower from the moderation team

As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Best wishes

Moderator John
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I answered this on the Benefits forum, Jo. Not that my answer will be of much use to you but I do hope all goes well.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright