Pocket duties if possible please

Options
GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 10. Jul 2017, 02:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,

I'm due to go back to see my consultant about my recently (Jan this year) replaced knee. If anyone is free about 2.30pm positive vibes welcome together with any pocket dwellers.

Thanks.

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Crikey, Grace, I'm just in time. Let's go and good luck!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'm late but thinking of you. ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • GraceB
    Options
    Oops! Sorry. Appointment is Friday 2.30pm. Thanks for your replies.
    GraceB
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    pant gasp have I missed it I don't run too fast. (((())))Mig
  • GraceB
    Options
    Mig, sorry to have made you "run" like that! I didn't put the date in my original post. I go this Friday (7th) to see the consultant.

I'll put you in pocket with the others though. No parties whilst you're all in there. With DD, Sticky and you I could have a potential riot on my hands Friday!

I hang my head in shame for not having read my original post through thoroughly enough before hitting the "submit" button! :oops:

GraceB
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Hi Grace
    I hope you have a big pocket as the mods will be there too
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Hi Grace,

You can count me in to attend pocket duties tomorrow, I'll make sure no riot occurs :D
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Good luck, hope it goes well. I'll be there. :) x
  • GraceB
    Options
    Well, everyone seemed to be well behaved so thank you. Good to know you were all rooting for me.

I saw the consultant - on time! He looked at my knee, I demonstrated the difference between both and explained issues I've been having. He asked for x-rays so off I trotted to that section. Then things ground to a halt! :roll: One hour and 20 minutes later I eventually went in for my x-ray.

The fracture clinic/x-ray area at my hospital is in an area which is always like a sauna on hot days. Today it excelled itself - it was like an oven! :roll: Patients were all but passing out on the staff, so I decided to wait outside the x-ray rooms which was about 2 degrees cooler. I ended up sitting on the end of a trolley of another patient who was waiting to have an x-ray - he was sat up. His wife, bless her, could see I was struggling so invited me to sit with her behind the head part of the trolley her husband was on. The three of us had quite a chat!

After my x-ray I staggered back to the clinic area and practically straight away went back into see the consultant. My prosthesis is still in the right place so no remedial surgery needed. However, he agrees my knee should be bending a bit better than it is. He says as I have almost a 90 degree (forced) bend I may get it up to 95 or even 100 degrees but that's as good as it'll get unfortunately. I'm to go back to icing the knee when it swells, it's got to be elevated more. I'll be contacted by the physio dept., in about 2 months (if I'm lucky) and I go back to see the consultant in Nov.

So, it's as I thought really. It should be bending more than it is; the swelling is impeding the bend (and my ability to do the exercises) and it'll never be as good a bend as my other knee which is partly replaced.

It was good to have it checked though. Thanks again for the company.

GraceB
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    On the whole I think a good outcome. OK so you'll never be hanging from a trapeze by your knees but - just guessing - you never had ambitions in that area :wink: 90 degrees is very functional so, as long as it's not too painful, that sounds a good result to me.

Hope the physio goes well, as and when.

(My former orthopaedics dept. was in a basement and, mostly with no windows. No wonder my BP was up for a pre-op I had there.)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Wobbly
    Wobbly Member Posts: 58
    Options
    Sorry i missed it and that it wasnt the news you was hoping for but at least u dont have to have surgery again which is a massive bonus.
    Hopefully in time you'll get that extra 5-10 degrees out of it. Physio can help alot its just keeping up with the exercises that is the hard thing - i forget :roll:
    Take care
    Wobbly xx