Leg pains - What helps?

Options
Jo2402
Jo2402 Member Posts: 12
edited 5. Oct 2017, 08:16 in Living with Arthritis archive
Those with back pain/sciatica/nerve pain, what helps you the most?

I have arthritis in my lower back, which pinches my nerves to send shooting pains down both legs.

Does anyone else experience this? What helps you?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Jo and welcome to the forum
    I have a few disc that are pinching nerves , and the only thing that helps me are the pregablin..they are for nerve pain and were prescribed by the pain clinic..you ask for a referral..and I hope you can some help soon , its horrible pain
    Love
    Barbara
  • Jo2402
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hello Jo and welcome to the forum
    I have a few disc that are pinching nerves , and the only thing that helps me are the pregablin..they are for nerve pain and were prescribed by the pain clinic..you ask for a referral..and I hope you can some help soon , its horrible pain

Hi Barbara, thank you for replying and for your suggestion. I will do some more research around this and ask my GP x

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Nothing worse than shooting pains. Has anyone suggested injections to you? I know some have found long-lasting relief from back pain with that.

I have tried the lot from tens (effective for a good while until I got used to it :( ) to anti-inflams, heat to ice.

Oh and a few of us on here have been to pain clinics too??? That might be worth a try.

Best of luck

Toni xx
  • Jo2402
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Nothing worse than shooting pains. Has anyone suggested injections to you? I know some have found long-lasting relief from back pain with that.

I have tried the lot from tens (effective for a good while until I got used to it :( ) to anti-inflams, heat to ice.

Oh and a few of us on here have been to pain clinics too??? That might be worth a try.

Best of luck

Toni xx
    Thank you for the advice Toni, I will ask GP about the pain clinic, whenever I can get a GP appointment! Xxx

• Edenderry5504
    Edenderry5504 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Jo2402 wrote:
    frogmorton wrote:

Best of luck

Hi amitrypiline can releave your shooting pain.
    Toni xx
    Thank you for the advice Toni, I will ask GP about the pain clinic, whenever I can get a GP appointment! Xxx