Hi, sorry for not posting

Options
nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 30. Jul 2017, 11:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I have been popping in now and again, but haven`t felt ready to post for a while. I am not fully up to date with how everyone is doing, but I hope you are all doing ok xx
I have had a varied couple of months. On the positive side me and Mr NB went on a special holiday for our silver wedding anniversary, to Italy calling at a few destinations including Rome, Capri and Naples. It was wonderful. So beautiful and picturesque. There was a lot of walking to negotiate but we booked the city tour buses which helped reduce the amount I had to do. Lots of treasured memories.

I have been having an awful flare of pain for over a week . I hurt all over, My usual culprits of hips, lower back and legs of course , but not to be outdone my ribs, neck, shoulders and upper spine are joining in. I am permanently exhausted too. My GP says it is chronic neuropathic pain syndrome, and has mentioned fibro recently too. I have upped my pregablin, and keep on with all other pills.
I have trochanteric bursitis and am waiting to go for an injection in theatre. And I had a lovely MRI a few weeks ago for my neurosurgeon and am waiting to see him, as I am having some nerve pain again after my lumbar fusion.
I am still working, just. I will keep going as there is a restructure soon and I don`t want to give them any reasons to demote me. My manager has noticed my pain last week , and said oh dear. :roll:
Anyhoo! I am looking through my holiday pics and reminiscing tonight.
Take care all xx
NB

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello NB
    Don't worry about not posting I don't come in LWA has often as I used to..you have been having a rough time..and having to work through it all ..you hang in there ...what a lovely holiday that was ..so glad you enjoyed it.. :D many congratulations on your silver wedding...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I have been diagnosed with chronic pain syndrome too and I'm waiting for an appointment at a pain management clinic. You're doing better than me when it comes to work though as I'm now applying for early retirement on health grounds.
    It sounds as though you had a wonderful holiday! Many congratulations on your Silver Wedding Anniversary.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • nearlybionic
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    Thanks for your reply, I hope that you are ok. I am hanging in here! Just! But yes it was a lovely holiday, happy memories x

Hi Slosh,
    I hope that the pain management helps you. I have declined a referral from my GP to them at present , been there before. And I don`t want any more appointments to explain at work. Good luck with your early retirement. I have considered it but want to keep going yet, they have made a lot of adjustments for me so I feel I need to give it a go. I have been back 6 months now after my spinal surgery but it is not easy at all.
    Take care
    NB
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Welcome back Nearly it's good to see your name :)

Sounds as though you are still suffering a lot and hope that the neuro can help a bit and the pregablin too maybe ((()))

Well-done for still working it is a worrying time when restructuring is going on :?

The anniversary holiday sounds wonderful I am so glad you have those photos and memories to look at and think about. Indeed treasured is the right word :)

Take care

Love

Toni xxx
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Big congratulations to you and Mr NB on your silver wedding anniversary. Sounds like you had a lovely holiday and I'm really pleased that you made so many happy memories, despite the struggles that Arthur brings. You are a warrior.

I'm sorry you're having so much pain. I hope the increased pregablin helps. I was told that it's a good medication for widespread pain compared to other ones, so fingers crossed.

Keep us up-to-date on how you're doing and take care x
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Congratulations on the Silver Wedding Anniversary! And welcome back. Sorry to hear life has been even more a challenge for you lately - I hope things settle soon.

Take care,
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • nearlybionic
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks Toni, good to speak to you again . The Pregablin is helping a bit, I think which is good, but my back and hips are bad at the moment making work very difficult. Hope you are doing ok x

Hi Starburst, thanks for your kind words. Me a warrior ? That is nice of you to say. I have to keep going, or I don`t know what I would do really. It is hard, but I have Mr NB here to support me, and he is a good one.

Hi Grace, we did have a fab anniversary. Certainly one to remember. Arthur definitely challenges us all , some challenges are harder than others, but this forum is great for talking to people who understand these challenges.

I have spent tine with family and friends this weekend , and despite being in pain, have found laughter a great distractor.
    Take care all xx
    NB