Hi, sorry for not posting

nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 2,204
edited 30. Jul 2017, 11:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I have been popping in now and again, but haven`t felt ready to post for a while. I am not fully up to date with how everyone is doing, but I hope you are all doing ok xx
I have had a varied couple of months. On the positive side me and Mr NB went on a special holiday for our silver wedding anniversary, to Italy calling at a few destinations including Rome, Capri and Naples. It was wonderful. So beautiful and picturesque. There was a lot of walking to negotiate but we booked the city tour buses which helped reduce the amount I had to do. Lots of treasured memories.

I have been having an awful flare of pain for over a week . I hurt all over, My usual culprits of hips, lower back and legs of course , but not to be outdone my ribs, neck, shoulders and upper spine are joining in. I am permanently exhausted too. My GP says it is chronic neuropathic pain syndrome, and has mentioned fibro recently too. I have upped my pregablin, and keep on with all other pills.
I have trochanteric bursitis and am waiting to go for an injection in theatre. And I had a lovely MRI a few weeks ago for my neurosurgeon and am waiting to see him, as I am having some nerve pain again after my lumbar fusion.
I am still working, just. I will keep going as there is a restructure soon and I don`t want to give them any reasons to demote me. My manager has noticed my pain last week , and said oh dear. :roll:
Anyhoo! I am looking through my holiday pics and reminiscing tonight.
Take care all xx
NB

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,234
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello NB
    Don't worry about not posting I don't come in LWA has often as I used to..you have been having a rough time..and having to work through it all ..you hang in there ...what a lovely holiday that was ..so glad you enjoyed it.. :D many congratulations on your silver wedding...xx
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    I have been diagnosed with chronic pain syndrome too and I'm waiting for an appointment at a pain management clinic. You're doing better than me when it comes to work though as I'm now applying for early retirement on health grounds.
    It sounds as though you had a wonderful holiday! Many congratulations on your Silver Wedding Anniversary.
  • nearlybionic
    Hi Barbara
    Thanks for your reply, I hope that you are ok. I am hanging in here! Just! But yes it was a lovely holiday, happy memories x

Hi Slosh,
    I hope that the pain management helps you. I have declined a referral from my GP to them at present , been there before. And I don`t want any more appointments to explain at work. Good luck with your early retirement. I have considered it but want to keep going yet, they have made a lot of adjustments for me so I feel I need to give it a go. I have been back 6 months now after my spinal surgery but it is not easy at all.
    Take care
    NB
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 27,375
    Welcome back Nearly it's good to see your name :)

Sounds as though you are still suffering a lot and hope that the neuro can help a bit and the pregablin too maybe ((()))

Well-done for still working it is a worrying time when restructuring is going on :?

The anniversary holiday sounds wonderful I am so glad you have those photos and memories to look at and think about. Indeed treasured is the right word :)

Take care

Love

Toni xxx
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Big congratulations to you and Mr NB on your silver wedding anniversary. Sounds like you had a lovely holiday and I'm really pleased that you made so many happy memories, despite the struggles that Arthur brings. You are a warrior.

I'm sorry you're having so much pain. I hope the increased pregablin helps. I was told that it's a good medication for widespread pain compared to other ones, so fingers crossed.

Keep us up-to-date on how you're doing and take care x
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Congratulations on the Silver Wedding Anniversary! And welcome back. Sorry to hear life has been even more a challenge for you lately - I hope things settle soon.

Take care,
    GraceB
  • nearlybionic
    Hi
    Thanks Toni, good to speak to you again . The Pregablin is helping a bit, I think which is good, but my back and hips are bad at the moment making work very difficult. Hope you are doing ok x

Hi Starburst, thanks for your kind words. Me a warrior ? That is nice of you to say. I have to keep going, or I don`t know what I would do really. It is hard, but I have Mr NB here to support me, and he is a good one.

Hi Grace, we did have a fab anniversary. Certainly one to remember. Arthur definitely challenges us all , some challenges are harder than others, but this forum is great for talking to people who understand these challenges.

I have spent tine with family and friends this weekend , and despite being in pain, have found laughter a great distractor.
    Take care all xx
    NB

Who's Online

frogmorton
frogmorton
+2 Guests