RESULTS OF MRI

hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 14. Aug 2017, 11:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, I started another thread about this. The results came through at the end of last week. The consultant asked his secretary to get in touch with my GP and get her to refer me to either a spinal surgeon or a neuro surgeon.
She rang me this morning and said we had been going round in circles for a few years now.......orthopaedic to spinal to pain clinic then nothing.
She is getting in touch with the spinal surgeon. Not sure what he can do. She also got in touch with a physio and an OT a few days back. The physio rang me and is coming Friday lunchtime.
So I don't know what will come out of that.
That's about it.

Love
Hileena

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Well Hileena :)

I hope the spinal surgeon can help you and that you don't have to wait too long.

Physio coming to your house? Wow! That is good service :D How is your shoulder doing now? I hope it's eased a bit.

Sending love to you and P.

Toni xx
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Glad to see you have some action with more appointments. Hope the physio is helpful and kind!!!!! :roll:

Deb xx
  • hileena111
    Hi Toni and Deb
    Yes things are moving, this physio was referred by the GP

Toni.......I've never had a physio come to the house before.....I've always had to trot along to them Like I said to Deb This physio has been referred by the GP, don't know if that makes any difference.???
    As for the spinal surgeon......I asked the GP when to expect an appointment or at least to hear something. She said give it a couple of weeks and let me know if you haven't heard anything. As far as I'm concerned that means one week then ring :lol:
    My shoulder is still very stiff. I got into the car a couple of days ago. No intention of driving just trying pedals etc. It was awful, I couldn't turn the wheel properly, couldn't reach the ignition to turn it on :cry: couldn't even use the wipers. I hadn't realised how stiff it was.

Love
    Hileena
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I hope you don't have to wait too long for an appointment to see the spinal Surgeon. And good luck with the Physio hope it helps with the stiffness in your shoulder. But don't try and rush things Hileena as I'm learning with my knee your Shoulder will tell you when it feels ready to do things. Take care and hope things keep moving along for you. sfl0
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Stiffness is to be expected, just keep doing the exercises (I still do mine three years after the break) because I have found that helps to keep the ROM in good shape. In my experience over the years I have found that August is rarely a good time to be in touch with medicos due to summer holidays, cover being provided (or not) and patients themselves going AWOL; I hope you hear something soon and let us know when you do, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I, too, am amazed at the idea of a physio coming to the house. You must be a V.I.P. Hileena :D How did it go?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Hi
    The physio was good. She wasn't one from the hospital. She is from Northumberland Healthcare, Short Term Support Service???

She gave me exercises for my legs. The pain she thinks is coming from my back. She also gave me a few for my shoulder. She hadn't been given the MRI results and said she would get in touch with the GP asap. She doesn't work today and I don't think my GP works today either. So it will have to wait for a few days.

Yes I do expect stiffness but didn't expect not to be able to put the key in the ignition.

Oh yes......she did say that they were busy now but in a couple of weeks time, from that onwards someone [either her or someone from her team] will come out to see me once or twice a week to check my exercises etc.

Love
    Hileena