Add-on handle for straight pint glass

BlindAlley
BlindAlley Member, NewlyRegistered Posts: 2
edited 23. Aug 2017, 04:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
it's just possible that this kind of gadget exists and I don't know about it. Thus far, searching online has drawn a blank. Put simply, what I'm after is a double handle gadget that somehow fits straight one pint glass. Any ideas?

Comments

moderator Moderator Posts: 4,082
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello

Welcome to the forums. It would be nice if you were to post again and tell us a little about yourself, what type of arthritis you have or if not if you care for someone with arthritis. A little bit about you always helps others to relate to you and your concerns.

Arthritis care produce a booklet entitled Independent Living which you can down load from the main AC website at arthritiscare.org.uk/independentliving.

Arthritis Care also has a free phone help line, which is open Monday-Friday 10-4pm. It is run by volunteers, who have no medical training but who may have information on the attachment you are looking for. The number is 0808 800 4050.

I am one of the moderators, we all have one or more of the arthritis "hangers on" or look after family with the same.

Best wishes

ChrisK
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 26,023
    Hi,

I'd be very surprised if you could find one of these simply because it sounds so impractical. I have severe arthritis in both hands (among other places :roll: ) and no way could I raise a full pint glass to my mouth even with handles.

Disability stores sell doubled handled lightweight mugs but they hold less than a pint. At home I pour my beer into a large melamine one-cup cafetiere (reserved for the purpose) and it has the advantage of keeping it cool for longer.

In the pub I'd suggest you just ask for whatever is easiest - maybe a half pint glass with a handle (I place my other hand underneath to steady it) or, better still, two :wink:
    “There is always a well-known solution to every human problem - neat, plausible, and wrong.” H.L. Mencken
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,567
    I use both hands. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,150
    I use both hands too.