Did you see.....

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 26,703
edited 1. Sep 2017, 14:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
....that ARUK are actually advertising on TV now?

I think this can only be good news for us all as it will make arthritis seem more real and important especially for those who get all their info from TV :wink:

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I did, and I think the ad is very good, the Guardian are also running a series of articles on living with arthritis.
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    Saw it last night, and is an excellent way of highlighting arthritis. I've also been reading the Guardian articles, the latest one is all about how arthritis is affecting careers.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I haven't seen the TV ad but have read the special articles (and seen some ads) in the papers.

I think this is a good thing but there is still a long way to go in changing public perception of our disease in all its guises: at least a start has been made. DD
  • Natalie1712
    Natalie1712 Member Posts: 63
    I saw it a couple of nights ago and I was so overwhelmed and it actually brought a tear to my eye! It just took me by surprise as arthritis isn't exactly one of the more 'popular' illnesses to be shown on tv and I wasn't expecting it. I thought it was very good and got the message across. Hopefully it will help to make people more aware! X
  • Rog
    Rog Member Posts: 24
    heard a fella in work on about it today there, have yet to see it myself (seems weird saying work when i have PsA) some think you are fit as a fiddle when you actually arent. one of my asst managers hinted but didnt say directly that maybe i shouldnt really be 'working' but surely if thats what he thinks i have grounds to sue if it ever comes to being 'pushed' out the door?

sorry to go off topic slightly there but its all one and the same surely.
  • michellelouisa
    michellelouisa Member Posts: 8
    Absolutely brilliant seeing this as on TV.

Who's Online

4 Guests