Arthritis gloves

Options
SandiB
SandiB Member Posts: 22
edited 8. Sep 2017, 15:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
Has anyone had any experience using arthritis gloves? I have PsA in my right hand which causes me considerable pain when typing. Really impacting on my work. Do the gloves provide support as well as warmth?
TIA

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry, I can't help as I don't use them though I did have some proper splints when my hands were really bad. There seem to be a lot advertised and I'd guess they're of variable quality. I'd presume compression gloves are the better ones.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • palo
    palo Member Posts: 240
    Options
    I use gloves, I think they help. I also use the desk wrist support and a desk mouse wrist support too.

I don't think they provide support, not like the splints.
  • littlemimmy
    littlemimmy Member Posts: 111
    Options
    I use compression gloves and find they really help me (I have rheumatoid arthritis). I also have wrist supports and sometimes use them together.

I think it's an individual thing, so maybe a case of try it and see.
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    I use gloves and splints of various kinds provided by the occupational therapist, my initial referral came from the rheumy nurse, it may be worth asking for a referral.

Deb
  • SandiB
    SandiB Member Posts: 22
    Options
    I decided to invest in a pair and have found a reduction in my pain since wearing them. I look a bit odd with one glove on but it's worth it!!!
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Doesn't matter how it looks if it helps!!!!!!! :)