Double pocket duties please

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 20. Sep 2017, 08:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
Sorry to be greedy but like buses appointments sometimes seem to come along together.
So next Wednesday morning I have what I sm hoping will be my final HR meeting that will result in my application for early retirement being sent off. Lots of scanning of documents to do on my part (medical evidence) forms to complete and this time I have my union rep coming to support me.

Friday morning I have finally got my long awaited pain clinc referral (made initially back in February). This is at a private hospital which I agreed to be referred to by my NHS one to try and speed things up. I can't wait as it means I can discuss my GP's suggestion about reducing down my oxycodone I'm also having a real problem sleeping now, even with the anti-histamines to make me drowsy I have been prescribed.

So if any of you want to pop along for one, or if you're a real glutton both you're more than welcome.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'll try to be there for you Slosh (both if possible), and I totally get the sleeping issues, i'm on amitriptyline right now to help me sleep.
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • Slosh
    I was on that about 3 or so years ago but was then put onto duloxetine. I know have Promethazine, àn anti-histamine which has helped but is not addictive. However the last few weeks as well as my usual pains I find my arms feeling very tender by the evening to the extent that any pressure on them, such as lying on them, is painful and even with my memory foam topper the bed feels hard. Oh the joys!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Count me in Slosh :)

I hope the HR apt is a nice straightforward one and that the pain clinic will be able to offer some suggestions :)

Bless you sore arms must make getting comfy really hard ((()))

Love

Toni xxx
  • Slosh
    Thanks, and it does especially as I can only sleep on my side.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I will do the double double, Slosh. Both your appointments plus multitasking n Wed to be there for mig too. Isn't life exciting :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    It just all comes at once!
    Next thing is to start copying all my medical evidence. Suffice to say I'm glad I won't be paying the postage.
    Julian of Norwich
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Count me in for both sessions. Hope they go well Slosh.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • Slosh
    I am now going to confuse everyone.
    I had a phone call this afternoon from the hospital I'm going to for my pain management appt. The appointment on Friday had to be cancelled as the consultant I was due to see had a family emergency. I said I understood. She then said the next available appt with him was October 31st! At this I couldn't help giving out a loud sigh and just saying "but I've been waiting since February", she was lovely, said she quite understood, said she would see if there was anything sooner with another consultant...and...found one for next Monday afternoon.
    So rain check for Friday, any takers for Monday afternoon?
    Julian of Norwich
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Slosh

I'll be there.......I know what its like. My spinal appointet was made about 6 weeks ago and I've been told it will be Feb or March before I'm seen. so I'll be there :wink:

Love

Hileena
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    I'll pop in for Monday-hope it has positive outcomes.

Deb xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Cant be there wednesday but I will be on friday,good luck.
  • Slosh
    Friday is now Monday, appt was changed!
    Julian of Norwich
  • Slosh
    Well the first is done with, HR rep was late so we went ahead without her.
    School have agreed to support my application which is a huge relief. One form goes to OH for their report then both forms plus my medical evidence get sent off to DfE for a decision to be made. Keeping my fingers crossed as it is getting harder to get ill health retirement. Union rep thinks I should get a desicion in November.

Off with the old and on with the new, this afternoon I have a meeting with a museum/gallery about stocking some of my jewellery.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Glad the first meeting was so positive. Enjoy your gallery excursion.

Deb x