Hello

Options
Hobble
Hobble Member Posts: 83
edited 27. Sep 2017, 19:57 in Say Hello Archive
Hi there :)
Diagnosed yesterday with psoriaric arthritis after having symptoms for a couple of years. Still getting my head around the diagnosis. Hope to learn as much as I can to manage the condition.

Hobble

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Hobble and welcome to the forums on behalf of the moderation team.

I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis of Psoriatic Arthritis yesterday. It is a lot to get your head around.

We have a great community here, who have lots of experience of arthritis, I know they will make you very welcome and help in any way they can. Several members also have the same kind of arthritis so you have definitely come to the right place.

Have you had time to read Arthritis Research UK’s information about Psoriatic Arthritis?

https://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information/conditions/psoriatic-arthritis.aspx

I look forward to seeing you posting in future.

Best wishes,

Ellen.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I too have psoriatic arthritis (PsA), I began it back in 1997 but it wasn't accurately diagnosed until 2006. It wasn't that much of a shock for me having been bothered by auto-immune nonsense since birth but it's true to say I would prefer to be without it - sadly choice isn't involved. :wink:

Don't be afraid to ask questions - it's a lot to deal with let alone understand but there are many with experience and patient knowledge (as opposed to doctor theory) and we'll do our best to help. Have a look at the Living with Arthritis board on here, that is where we deal with diagnosis, meds, treatments and appointments etc. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Hobble
    Options
    Thank you both for the welcome :D
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Welcome Hobble, you'll find us a welcoming lot, and won't think worse of you when you feel low, want to rant.

It can be hard to get your head around a diagnosis, I myself was diagnosed wth OA in my left knee nearly 5 years ago, and only now have I learnt to accept it.

Alastair
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • Hobble
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome :D