Long time since I've been here, but nice to be back.

Megrose2
Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
edited 3. Oct 2017, 13:06 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone. It's been a while since I've been on the forum, so would just like to say 'Hello' and I hope that everyone is doing OK.

I'm still plodding on with OA in my hands and knees, but have also had the pleasure of being diagnosed with Lichen Planus (symptoms ongoing for two years, but only recently diagnosed). I'm also suffering from very dry eyes and am waiting to see if my GP's referral to an ophthalmologist will be accepted.

I've become aware of the new system regarding referrals, whereby a GP's referral can be rejected by a triage panel. This has been trialled in the North East of England and is now nationwide. My GP told me that if his referral was rejected, there would be nothing he could do about it. Have others heard about this?

I've now joined Arthritis Care officially and attend a weekly Tai Chi class which I love.

Anyway, it's nice to be back. :D

Meg

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,760
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Megrose. It's lovely to see you back :D

I'm sorry things aren't great. I've wondered how you were.

I've not heard of a triage system but I'm in Scotland now. It might be different here.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Megu
    Its good to hear you again.
    I've got to admit I haven't heard or a triage system where GP's are concerned. Hospitals yes but not GPs
    I live in the North East ??

Hope to hear more from you :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's lovely to see your name again, thank you for returning. I've had some upheaval in that Mr DD has stopped work for the time being and I have begun working with a personal trainer in order to get at least a little fitter. So far, so good :wink:

I hope that the mystery of the dry eyes can be solved and the discomfort eased. I haven't heard of the triage system but NHS policy wonks like un-necessary complications and extra paperwork. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben