Pain issues

jerry
jerry Member Posts: 2
edited 2. Oct 2017, 14:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all, I'm totally new to this site and like you all I have major pain issues. I was just wondering if anyone had heard of the Spinal Cord Stimulator?. It's like having a tens machine inside your body. It works on your nerves by blocking the pain, so you don't have to take so many meds. A number of people I know say it's worked for them. Unfortunately it didn't work for me as I have spina bifida, disease of the spine etc etc. I was recommended by the pain clinic I went to. Good Luck x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comments

moderator Moderator Posts: 4,080
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Jerry,

Welcome to the forum, very belatedly, I am sorry. Your post was on the end of a previous thread and somehow it got missed.

It's a shame you are unable to benefit from the spinal cord stimulator, I haven't come across this before and shall see what I can find out about it. Pain remains an issue for most of us, it's good you have been to a pain clinic, they usually find a way forward for us.

Arthritis care have a good booklet on pain, here's the link to go straight to it

https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/assets/000/001/818/ManagingPain_web_original.pdf?1502875253

The website itself is worth checking out, it's had an update and has lots of advice and support,

https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk

Do let us know how you are getting on and what works for you

Take care
    Yvonne x
    🐱
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,558
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello, I've never heard of that but if it can help others then that's a good thing. I have tried TENS but found it more uncomfortable than the pain it was trying to relieve! :) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben