Early retirement frustrations

Options
Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 6. Oct 2017, 14:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
So, I thought my application was all sorted and ready to be sent off bymy school a couple of weeks ago. I'd had a meeting and been supported by my union rep, copied a thick wad of medical records, filled in and signed forms and heaved a huge sigh of relief.
But...
The Occupational Health Doctor who the medical form was sent to complete says "Sorry, not my job, it needs to be the GP",
When I asked my GP previously (way back in April), he said he could provide a medical history but the OH doctor needed to complete the form!
Union says that if neither is willing to write "See consultant's letter" across the form.

Next week I have a GP appt booked to discuss next steps after my first pain clinic review so will ask him again then.

Plus, the school's normal sickness management procedures need to continue with....ANOTHER OH APPOINTMENT

Final straw my Rollator breaks this afternoon so I'm now looking for a new one!
And I can't even have a medicinal G&T!
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    The last bit is the serious bit, Slosh. The rest pales into insignificance beside it :wink:

Why is it that we get so many ridiculous frustration piled on our creaky backs? It's wrong, bad, stupid etc etc.

I know you will cope - but you shouldn't have to.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    Options
    It's frustrating with the to and fro'ing, especially when no party wants to take responsibility.

Hopefully it will all work out, no matter what, you need to try and remain optomistic (not easy I know, but we have to try).
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Thanks both.
    I'm looking at rollators online and deciding which to for and trying to focus on the postive thing that happened today which is that I delivered a big order of earrings to a museum/gallery for sale in their shop.
    Now relaxing with a crunchie and Strictly takes two.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich