Hypermobity Syndrome, Fibromyalgia and Palendromic Rheumatis

Options
JenniferB27
JenniferB27 Member Posts: 74
edited 7. Oct 2017, 06:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello everyone, I know I've posted a bit about my woes but have had such good advice I thought I would let you all know I finally saw a consultant which I had to book privately and he diagnosed 3 things:
Palendromic Rheumatism
Fibromyalgia
Hypermobity Syndrome
Now I'm trying to get me head around it all, I know I have osteoarthritis in my knees and left thumb also cervical Spondylosis. I'm confused about the Hypermobity Syndrome and how this can be a problem, after all flexible joints are a good thing are they not?

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Lots of people have hypermobile joints and, for sportsmen and women, they can be a real asset. Unless they're too hypermobile. If joints are very hypermobile they can, eventually, cause OA.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • trepolpen
    trepolpen Member Posts: 504
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hypermobility syndrome, is common with younger people & normaly goes away in thier twenties , if you look at EDS type3 , it will list alot of the things you mention & some think hypermobility syndrome & EDS type 3 is the same condition

I know nothing about Palendromic Rheumatism , as for Fibromyalgia my son has had this since 1995 , you will need to take the advice of your consultants , only thing I would recommend is seeing a physio & building yourself up , it will help alot with Fybro & Hyper joints