First new knee

2»

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thanks for the update, Yvonne. I'm glad all went well and I hope it continues to do so. Please keep us in the loop. And don't forget to rest, exercise and elevate :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    That's all sounding good and I hope it carries on that way. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • wazz42
    wazz42 Member Posts: 233
    Hi it's 1 week post op and I think going well.

The swelling isn't painful but it is limiting, I keep thinking when the swelling goes it will be easier to move, and I'm sure it will but I have to keep my range of movement in the meantime.

The district nurse was round yesterday, changed the dressing, and he put the next dressing on with a little 'give' in it. The scar looks good, no breaks in the steri strips which gives me confidence to move. I can move around the bungalow now unaided, though zimmer, crutches and sticks are in strategic places.

I think I've been walking funny because my ankle is painful now and it looks like I've been turning it over as I've been walking and it's not too keen and getting it right any more.

So I am really glad it's been done

Love xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Again, it all sounds good and positive - well apart from the ankle. I think your assessment might well be right. Just keep an eye on it. Maybe a few ankle exercises might help but get advice first from your consultant or physio.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello again, how are things going? Are you and your new knee making friends? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben