Back / Buttock Pain

Options
Lotsofpain
Lotsofpain Member Posts: 157
edited 31. Oct 2017, 08:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
Over a period of weeks to months I have developed left sided pain between my hip and buttock what seems to reduce the pain is pain is pressing hard on the pain site or using a belt or strong tape to compress the area Does this make sense and longer term what can I do

Comments

• SandiB
    SandiB Member Posts: 22
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi. I can relate to this. I have the same pain, my physio told me to push my fist or a golf ball into the painful area to help the muscle relax. My rheumy Nurse is having me scanned to see if it’s the sacroiliac joint that is inflamed as is common in PsA. Might be worth having it checked. When I had the same pain before my then physio said my sacroiliac joint was stuck, she spent 3 weeks forcing it to move!! Not sure that was a good idea now!!!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I have sacro joint pain because of the limping before I had these hips replaced..trouble is I think I have damaged it more than I thought because I still suffer the pain...if its in the side of the hip just above the buttock..it could be bursitis pain , and they can do steroid injections for that..but I do think a physio could help
    Love
    Barbara
  • Lotsofpain
    Options
    Yes I will be seeing a physio again at the end of the month
  • Lotsofpain
    Options
    MY GP says its possibly ankylosing spondylitis or piriformis pain or both - anyibe had any experience of these
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    AS is an auto-immune arthritic condition which requires treatment from rheumatology. Piriformis pain I have had and that was sorted by sports massage. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben