Pain in leg muscles??

Options
Taratemperance
Taratemperance Member Posts: 23
edited 16. Oct 2017, 12:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,

Newly diagnosed with inflammatory Arthritis & my main pain issues are in my hips. However I'm getting pain in my upper leg muscles, I'm sat with a ball rolling it into the sore spot on my left thigh as we speak. Is muscle pain a symptom too?

Thanks xx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    There's all sorts of reasons why this happens, it could be that you are moving differently, not using your leg muscles as normal so putting them under strain, leading to an increase in toxins. Muscle aches can be a possible side-effect (I think) of some medications (though they warn of everything under the sun) or it could be that you have inadvertently strained something somewhere. My muscles can increase in sensitivity every now and again, and certainly hurt at the moment but that's due to the exercising I've been doing. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Taratemperance
    Taratemperance Member Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks DD,

I've found some info online which states muscle pain can be an associated problem. I'm seeing rheumatologist nurse next week so will ask her. It's currently always in the top of my thigh but not in my hip joint. ''Tis rather annoying!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, how are things now? I hope your muscles are feeling better. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben