Breathless

Options
Hobble
Hobble Member Posts: 83
edited 14. Oct 2017, 22:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi

For a while now I've been feeling breathless. Nothing in particular seems to set it off. It happens regardless of rest or activity and seems quite random. For example when I walked back from having my hair cut I was fine, it was only when I was back home and sat down and after a while it started. It's been happening a lot a night too. I do have asthma but it does feel different. The rheumatologist did ask if I experienced any breathlessness so I was wondering if had anything to do with the PsA or possibly the ibuprofen which I've been taking for years and have had no previous problems with it. I also have fibromyalgia and ME for 20yrs and wondered if that was affecting what is happening even though its only started recently. It just seems that one condition is piling on top of another and it's exhausting.

Any advice or suggestions welcome
Hobble

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    If this was happening to me I would let my rheumatology unit know and try to see a GP. Breathlessness can have many causes, not only drug-related; is it mentioned on any side-effects leaflets that you have? I know that one can take something for years without trouble and for no apparent reason the body rebels. I hope you feel better soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Hobble
    Options
    Thank you for your reply,

Have managed to get an appointment for this evening -thankfully.
    I'm back at rheumatology in 10 days time to be started on meds. Hopefully it's just an asthma issue, have been on the same inhalers since I was a teenager.
    I think my body is rebelling too much!!

Thanks again :)
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    Hi Hobble
    Sorry you are feeling breathless at times, as others have rightly said, medication can and often does cause such problems.
    It might be a time for a review of the inhalers and another spirometry test to see how well your lungs are functioning.

I don't have asthma but I do have COPD, so I know what it is like to get breathless, it is horrid without a doubt.

Take lots of care XX Aidan
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • Hobble
    Options
    Thank you for the reply

GP is referring me to the asthma nurse for a review, been on the same meds for yonks. Was given a decongestant and told to contact out of hours if things got worse which they did :roll: They told me it was a virus and that the steroid depot is helping as the wheezing isn't too bad. Dread to think what I'd be like if I hadn't had the injection lol

Also stopped the ibuprofen just in case

Hobble